“Above average, but SLOW!!”
Review of Claire's on Cedros

Claire's on Cedros
Ranked #1 of 76 Restaurants in Solana Beach
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a cafe and bakery located in the heart of Solana Beach. We specialize in fresh, homemade, California-style comfort food as well as a variety of homemade breads, pastries and desserts. We are family friendly, dog friendly, and most of all just plain friendly, so come on in and check us out!
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This place has good food. Definitely above average for this foodie and his wife. Not anything to rave about, but just very solid. Good menu and very popular with locals. Incredibly slow service but it sounds like they are well known for this.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

As the shirt implies, this is not a place for a quick meal, but rather a long leisurely brunch. There were six of us on a holiday weekend and we waited roughly 45 minutes for a table. That was fine since there's plenty of space for kids to hang out, people watch and have a cup of coffee outside in their garden patio. Once seated the service was quick and impeccable. We had a very friendly waitress with medium blond hair and glasses who seemed to love her job. The food was fresh, delicious and cooked to perfection.

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Great ambiance, great service, wonderful food, which was healthy and delicious. Coming to eat at Claire's on Cedros on week days is a must to avoid the weekend crowds and long wait.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is THE cutest place to eat the BEST food. Everything is fresh and organic and delicious. The decor is very unique and well done and decorated with the environment in mind. I have tried many items on their menu and all of it was flavorful and satisfying. Parking can be difficult and their is usually always a wait because this place is SO popular, but it is worth the wait. It is also a dog friendly location. You must try this restaurant if you are in town!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Claire's on Cedros is my type of Breakfast/Lunch place. I am a brunch girl and love both the sweet and savory options here. The baked goods are Top Notch and because everything is farm to table fresh, there really isn't a bad option on the menu. The first time I went I had the Fried Green Tomato Sandwich, and added bacon: AWESOME! The next time I went I was all set to have the French Toast, but the Pork Sandwich with Pear marmalade/fancy sauce, called to me. I was not disappointed. This restaurant has well prepared food, drinks and coffee at the perfect price point.

The one terrible thing about this place is the wait. I have never been here when it wasn't at least a 45 minute wait. On the weekends it can be a 11/2 hour wait. The inside seating is limited, but they have a nice patio with plenty of great heaters. The good news is that if you have someone in your party that is willing to go an put your name in, you can purchase a coffee/tea and pastry at the counter and take a nice walk along Cedros to window shop.

Service has always been friendly, but busy. Once you are seated you have time to enjoy your food. I recommend it highly, just plan accordingly for the wait.

On another note, I love the decor throughout.