“Recent Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Solana Beach/Del Mar
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Solana Beach
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have been a member of the Holiday Priority Club for about Twenty Five years. My opinion is this property, while not that old, needs some "tender loving care." Hotel increases the price in the summer equivelant to what one might spend at a very comfortable hotel, which is not commensurate with the condition of this hotel property. Breakfast is good. Internet connection on this stay, my third in the last two months, was continually interrupted by Holiday Inn pop-ups, very annoying.

Room Tip: Select high numbered rooms on the West end of the hotel. They are larger and have the ocean breeze.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
HinnExpress, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Solana Beach/Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and letting us know the areas we need to work on. We are very sorry you were not satisfied with our hotel and be assured that we will be fixing the areas that need to be remodeled. We will also check the internet issue you had while you were staying with us. We sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Solana Beach/Del Mar

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I prefer not to have room service when traveling so when I need my towels replenished I will gather the dirty and find a housekeeper on my floor. I tried to exchange my towels twice and received the same look and response from 2 different housekeepers, 2 days in a row. You are an inconvenience clearly and are ask to contact the front desk.

• Stayed: August 2013
HinnExpress, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Solana Beach/Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused during your stay. We appreciate when guests take the time to let us know where we need to improve. We will address this with our housekeeping staff to avoid this from happening again. We hope to get another shot at giving you a better stay. Thank you.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had absolutely no complaints throughout my entire stay. I had great service and everything that I expected was delivered. There is no doubt that my family and I will be back!
When I arrived, the staff was extremely friendly and made me feel very comfortable and safe. From the beginning I was confident that my stay would be enjoyable. They were helpful in any way I had asked-directions, places to go, food to eat, etc.
Not only was front desk helpful, but also..housekeeping was reliable and the breakfast host was extremely friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
HinnExpress, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Solana Beach/Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for such an amazing review. We are so happy that we were able to not only meet, but exceed your expectations. We strive to give every guest an unforgettable experience when they choose to stay with us and it sounds like we did. Please come back soon so we can provide you with another memorable stay. Again, thank you and see you soon!!!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here three nights while on family vacation. Clean, good sized rooms, nice pool. About a five minute walk to the beautiful, quiet beach. You have to walk down about 150 stairs to reach the beach but it is well worth it, it clean and not crowded at all! It is only about a 15 minute drive to Sea World and maybe 20 minutes to LegoLand, making this a great location. You can easily reach all the tourist attractions then spend a nice quiet evening at the beach. Breakfast was average at best, not many choices, but enough to get by on. Also within walking distance of quite a few restaurants. Would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Many third floor rooms have balconies over looking the pool. Made it nice to be able to watch our o...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brooke E
HinnExpress, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Solana Beach/Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us. Wow!!! It sounds like you had a blast visiting all the local attractions. Happy to hear that our location was perfect for all your adventures. We want all of our guests to be able to enjoy their time with us, go out and then come back and relax in our comfy rooms. Come back soon for another fun-filled trip. Thank you!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was very central and the staff was great. They should save $$ on the starchy breakfast and lower the room rates a little.
One elevator for the whole building so that didn't work so well. But it is close to a beach that has a lot of stairs.

Room Tip: Go during the week the rooms are priced at a reasonable rate. They were a bit high and the halls an...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
HinnExpress, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Solana Beach/Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you so much for the review. Happy to hear that our staff did their very best to provide you with great service. We will make sure to let them know how delighted you were. Thanks for letting us know what areas need improvement, we will address them with the appropriate departments. We appreciate our guests feedback. This keeps us constantly improving our property to better serve our customers. Thanks again, hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Holiday Inn Express Solana Beach-Del Mar is a gem. More of a boutique hotel than a chain, don't let the 'Holiday Inn' name fool you. The rooms are clean, the staff is amazing, breakfast is good and the guests are amazing. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sushkanyc
HinnExpress, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Solana Beach/Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear that our location was perfect for your lodging needs. Our clean accommodations along with our amenities and staff work together to service each and every guest so that we can meet and exceed expectations. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon!!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

My first stay with this property & brand was awesome. I usually stay at Courtyard & did not enjoy my last stay there & moved to this location. The reviews made me a nervous but from front desk to rooms to breakfast & pool , it was all more than I expected. I would definitely come back & recommend my colleagues to stay here from now on.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sapnakotr k
HinnExpress, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Solana Beach/Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Wow! Thanks so much for such a nice review!! We are glad that you gave us a chance and we were able to meet your expectations. We are happy to hear that your stay was a pleasant one. Please come back and visit us soon!! Thanks again for the kind words.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Solana Beach
Hilton San Diego/Del Mar
Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar
Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar
Cardiff by the Sea Lodge
Cardiff by the Sea Lodge
#1 of 2 in Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Holiday Inn Express Encinitas - Cardiff Beach Area
Holiday Inn Express Encinitas - ...
#2 of 2 in Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Les Artistes
Les Artistes
#7 of 7 in Del Mar

Been to Holiday Inn Express Solana Beach/Del Mar? Share your experiences!