“Busy place with good food.”
Review of Bangkok Bay

Bangkok Bay
Ranked #33 of 76 Restaurants in Solana Beach
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
N. Hollywood, CA
“Busy place with good food.”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Walking distance from the Marriott Courtyard. Little place that is decorated in a tropical fashion. Food was really good and the service was good. Saturday night is very popular so you might have to wait if you just walk over. No bar, so that is abit of a bummer. But food good.

Visited August 2012

Livermore, California
“OMG....great food, great service. Can't wait to return!”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Let me first say that I am not a devoteé of Thai food. Some of the spices combos don't sit well with my tastes, so it took a very strong recommendation from a new friend to get me to Bangkok Bay! I got there a little before their supper opening time of 5pm and people were waiting to get in. Always a good sign.

I was seated immediately by a charming hostess who also took my order (I was under strict orders to order a specific dish). Can I just say heavenly? A huge portion of rice noodles, chicken (one of several meat choices), flavorful sauce, scallions and crushed peanuts. My only regret? I was traveling and couldn't take "home" any leftovers!

I will got out of my way to visit Bangkok Bay each time I travel to North County!

• Visited July 2012
San Antonio, Texas
“Great food, worth the high price.”
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

We love our Thai food and were very pleased with the authenticity of the food here. They made it spicy to our liking and the Thai iced tea was the best I've ever had. The entire menu seemed a little over priced but the food was so good it was worth it! Plus, the portions are large so if you're like me, you get two meals out of it anyway.

San Diego, California
“My go to Thai in North County”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I feel lucky to live just down the street. This place is the best thai food I've found in Del Mar, Solana, Cardiff or Encinitas.
Flavorful, good portions, good value.

Visited May 2012
San Diego, California
“What a gem!”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I first found Bangkok Bay by accident about 8 years ago on a random weekday lunchtime. I thought I was the only one that knew about it the couple of times I went back for lunch... that is until I went for dinner one night! PACKED.

And for good reason, the food is great, the people are friendly, and the atmosphere is just awesome. The decor is so perfect, I still find new things in the nooks and crannies.

Be sure to ask for the Thai Sticky rice, its not on the menu I don't think, but it makes for a very authentic experience. Something you can't find at every Thai place.

Just note that you can wait for a table during the rush times for dinner....

• Visited May 2012