“Fish Market in Del Mar”
Review of The Fish Market

The Fish Market
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 79 Restaurants in Solana Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located across from the Del Mar Fairgrounds and Race Track, our third restaurant has been a San Diego North County favorite since it opened in 1981. This bustling restaurant encourages friendly and convivial dining, with the help of a comfortable oyster bar and cozy cocktail bar and lounge, and front-and-center retail market, widely known by those seeking to take home the finest in fresh fish. We also offer a private room suitable for a large party gathering.
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Loved, loved, loved the fish tacos from Fish Market in Del Mar. Had them 3 times while on vacation there.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We have been coming here almost weekly since it opened. As we live in Solana Beach we
consider this our" go to local" All the fish entrees are fresh and delicious. I highly recommend
the augratin potatoe side dish. The caesar salad is one of the best ever

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This restaurant is a staple of Solana Beach. This is not an atmosphere for quiet and romantic. It is busy, and cafeteria style. You may ask to be seated in the enclosed patio for a bit more privacy. The fish is FANTASTIC. They also are very good with large private parties in the back of the restaurant. The oyster bar is top rate. The sourdough bread is fantastic, as is both the red and white chowder. We usually split an appetizer of pasta to have with our bread, then order a fresh fish entree. They also have a market in the front with fresh catches, which I highly recommend. If you are from out of town, you may want to grab some smoked fish along with the bread to have on a picnic while enjoying the magnificent beaches in Del Mar. They have a wonderful childrens menu as well.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

The Fish Market has been an icon of SD for years. I have not been to this location in a number of years, generally go to the one downtown. But when a colleague of mine was in town, I thought this would be a great treat. The waitress knew nothing about the different types of salmon and between 3 dinners, it was all just mediocre. I was disappointed and a bit embarrassed that I talked this place up to my guest. I will do better next time.

2  Thank Debbie S
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We ate here recently while staying in Solana Beach. Everynight when we drove by it was always crowded. I asked around our resort & someone told me it was loud & cafeteria-like! I am not sure what she meant. We tried it anyways and yes it's night a quiet, romantic place to eat. It is crowded & people talk. I would not call it cafeteria style at all. The bread was delicious & the seafood fresh. The clams were great! Would recommend it, prices are reasonable and service was good.

2  Thank MissJJ