“This place is awesome!”
Review of White Rock Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Smith River
White Rock Resort
Sacramento, California, United States
“This place is awesome!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here last summer and had an amazing experience from the very start! We arrived late and it was No problem. The smell of homemade fresh bread in a bread maker greeted us! The place was very clean and well kept. The beach was pretty much private and we had so much fun exploring it! We LOVE privacy and had to look hard to find a nice couple that could take our picture on the beach. Do not even get me started about the beautiful hot tub over looking the ocean on our own deck!!! Close by we went to a couple of nice restaurants and the town of Brookings was only minutes away. We would recommend this place to anyone, anytime! A wonderful place to visit and feel comfortable, safe and relax. We will be back for sure!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Candace W

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Manteca, California
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My Mom and I stayed in cabin #15, which was cozy and clean. The view was amazing! we found the stairs to go to the beach area below the cabins and spent some time on the beach. We stayed for a week and enjoyed every moment. The staff were helpful and courteous and we quickly found places to shop and eat in Brookings, just up the road. Walking in our first morning and smelling fresh bread being made was unforgettable. I thought the cabin was clean and well maintained. I cannot wait to take my wife there for a get away.

Room Tip: #15 has been remodeled and has a hot tub.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank tom a
Grants Pass, Oregon
Reviewed January 7, 2013

we showed up on friday for the buy two nights get one free, noticed problems soon, we stayed in #20 soon noticed problems, space heaters on the floor we did not think anything of this untill we tried to turn on the central heat noticed that did not work, asked for another space heater to get it warm in there, was told No beakers kept blowing, frst two hours hut tub was nice then cold waited till morning to ask to turn it up, worked great after that, untill the third day the maid came up to service the hot tub, we went shopping during this time when we came back noticed that the hot tub was ice cold, we found the maid and asked why she replied " the manager said this is the free night so was told to fill it up with cold water" could not believe this ,we have came to white rock many times we never cause problems or complain EVER this was the worst experiance ever, will not ever return thanks for reading George Sherk grants pass

Room Tip: go to best western
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank george s
Kalispell, Montana
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed in cabin #16. It was excellent. A new mattress had just been installed and it was perfect. It is also pet friendly. It had a great view with a huge deck and spa. The place was very clean. There was direct beach access thru some well maintained wood steps a few cabins away. Management was very responsive and the fresh bread upon arrival was a fine touch.

Room Tip: This is a corner cabin and therefore has a bigger deck.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Linda D
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed August 15, 2012

VERY DIRTY both inside and out! Stained dirty carpet, hot tub, deck and furniture was disgusting! We asked manager to have it all cleaned but that never happened. The upstairs is 2 twin beds on the floor and you can NOT stand up because the ceiling is too low!!! We were there for a family wedding and rented several cabins and none of them were clean! It was so bad that we went and bought sheets and our own pillows! After we sent an email the people who run it they responded with bad language and insults!!! Stay away from this place!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
9 Thank nursemar1967
Sammamish, Washington, United States
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed at the White Rock Resort. While we loved the view, the cabins were dirty and the maintenance was horrible. The sheets on the bed were dirty and stained and one of the pillows was coated in urine. The oven didn't work and the time to fix it was unreasonable. The day after our 3 day stay I noticed a charge on my credit card. When I called, I was told it was due to the cabin not being clean when we left. The maid was actually in the unit when I was cleaning and kept telling me not to do all of that because it was her job. The cabin was left cleaner when I left than when I checked in. All of the dishes were filthy and actually had to be washed before we could ever use them. I have disputed the charge with my bank, but what a disappointment!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Lisa A
Aurora, Oregon
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The White Rock beach cottage we stayed in was very clean - but much smaller than the pictures and description showed. The surroundings are drab - as they are off the side of the Pac. Coast Hwy. but nothing much around it. The grounds seemed unkept and basically a huge cement driveway/parking lot upon entering, and no signs directing the way - very hard to find. We just ended up staying inside, watched TV, and left early the next morning. You couldn't get to the beach because there were just rocks below the cottages. I guess the pictures on their website created a different picture in my head than what we actually experienced.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Ocean Suites
Ocean Suites
#2 of 8 in Brookings
Best Western Plus Northwoods Inn

Been to White Rock Resort? Share your experiences!