For a supposed 3 star hotel, this definitely is on the low end of decent. I stayed here a few years ago and I'm sure it wasn't this bad before. There is a restaurant (that I didn't use) and my cheaper Priceline rate did not include any kind of breakfast. I had a horrible night's sleep on what seemed to be 20 year old sheets and could not find a happy temperature so that I could be comfortable with just a thin sheet and thin blanket. Although it's not the hotel's fault, I was awake until 3:30am because someone (don't know where they were located or I would have called to complain) was playing loud booming video games. Then my neighbor was up at 6:00 am showering and making noise in his room. So I think I got about 2.5 hours of sleep at this supposed 3 star hotel.
The following is what I had to put up with here:
- Water pressure was terrible - took forever to wash the shampoo and conditioner out of my long hair.
- The bathroom is horrible - definitely not the picture in their online photos.
- Very old, thin yellowed sheets on the bed and very thin blanket. Yucky bedspreads.
- Heater/cooler would not go on automatic so I had to keep getting up to adjust it, also very noisy.
- 3 weeks after the time change, the clock was still not set to right time and the radio would not work right.
- The elevator smelled horribly of cigarette smoke as if someone smoked in it - I realize the staff probably didn't know this, but it still smelled.
- The back door had been propped open so this "security door" was useless.
The only nice thing about this room was the TV - they had many different channels and "On Demand TV" so I was able to watch some back episodes of a favorite show.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the panoramic foothills of Simi Valley, one of the nation’s safest cities, lies an oasis of comfort and beauty. As the only full service hotel in Simi Valley, The Grand Vista Hotel offers first-class amenities, unbeatable service and incredible rates. With convenient location just off the 118 Freeway, the Grand Vista is central to all Los Angeles and Ventura County attractions and businesses; the perfect choice for business or leisure travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Vista Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Vista Simi Valley
- Hotel Grand Vista
- Grand Vista Hotel Simi Valley Ca