“3 Star lobby, 1 star room and bathroom”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Grand Vista Hotel

Grand Vista Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Sacramento, California
“3 Star lobby, 1 star room and bathroom”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

For a supposed 3 star hotel, this definitely is on the low end of decent. I stayed here a few years ago and I'm sure it wasn't this bad before. There is a restaurant (that I didn't use) and my cheaper Priceline rate did not include any kind of breakfast. I had a horrible night's sleep on what seemed to be 20 year old sheets and could not find a happy temperature so that I could be comfortable with just a thin sheet and thin blanket. Although it's not the hotel's fault, I was awake until 3:30am because someone (don't know where they were located or I would have called to complain) was playing loud booming video games. Then my neighbor was up at 6:00 am showering and making noise in his room. So I think I got about 2.5 hours of sleep at this supposed 3 star hotel.

The following is what I had to put up with here:
- Water pressure was terrible - took forever to wash the shampoo and conditioner out of my long hair.
- The bathroom is horrible - definitely not the picture in their online photos.
- Very old, thin yellowed sheets on the bed and very thin blanket. Yucky bedspreads.
- Heater/cooler would not go on automatic so I had to keep getting up to adjust it, also very noisy.
- 3 weeks after the time change, the clock was still not set to right time and the radio would not work right.
- The elevator smelled horribly of cigarette smoke as if someone smoked in it - I realize the staff probably didn't know this, but it still smelled.
- The back door had been propped open so this "security door" was useless.

The only nice thing about this room was the TV - they had many different channels and "On Demand TV" so I was able to watch some back episodes of a favorite show.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Robin S
tlasure, General Manager at Grand Vista Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel and taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am sorry that your experience at our hotel left some negative impressions. I will make no excuses for the lack of cleanliness and service. We are continually upgrading different aspects of the hotel and I am sorry if your room did not meet your expectations. The upgrading process takes time and we are always working to improve the product for our customers. I will use your comments and experience as a training tool with all of our management staff and assure that better solutions are offered in the future. Please contact me directly at tlasure@grandvistasimi.com and I will be happy to make it right for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

This is a higher end hotel with many amenities; however, their customer service was lacking.
Upon check in it was as though I was bothering them.
They didn't confirm check out, internet access or use their manners.
When we tried to call the front desk, no one answered. We understand busy, but after 20 rings you should answer the phone.
We attempted to get a menu for room service, we were directed it should be in our room. It wasn't and they still would give us a menu.
Will not stay here again.

Stayed March 2014
tlasure, General Manager at Grand Vista Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel and taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am sorry that your experience at our hotel left some negative impressions. I will make no excuses for the lack of cleanliness and service. I will use your comments and experience as a training tool with all of our management staff and assure that better solutions are offered in the future. Please contact me directly at tlasure@grandvistasimi.com and I will be happy to make it right for you.

Travelers are raving about these Simi Valley hotels

alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was nice - We found some dirty clothes behind the big chair in our room. When we told the management they were very professional and since
We had booked with a 3rd party they bought our family lunch without me even asking for anything. Very nice pool and workout facility.

Stayed March 2014
Thank you for posting your comments. I am always glad to hear that my staff was helpful as we take great pride in giving excellent service as well as providing a clean comfortable room to every guest. I am sorry that we fell short with the clothing under the chair. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

We let a relative book our room thinking the difference between her rate and the rate we saw online wouldn't be much. Lesson learned, book your own rooms and do it online. When we checked in the rate we were shown was nearly $40 higher for our one night than the rate we had seen online. I asked the desk clerk if we could be given the AAA discount at the very least. This was politely refused. At the end of our trip I called to ask if an adjustment could be made and that was also politely refused. The room was nice but there was no wi fi, there was very low water pressure and barely hot water in our room. We were not given the coupons for drinks and breakfast that were supposed to be provided with the rate we paid until my relative requested them. I just don't have a good feeling about the customer service attitude at this hotel and probably would not stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ELAINE K
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry if there was confusion with your rate. Our rates change based on availability and we do offer special promotional rates via third party websites and on our website. We will always match these promotional rates while they are still available on-line. I am also sorry if the Wi-Fi was not working with your device. We do provide Wi-Fi throughout the property and every guest room is also hard wired to assure that there is always internet connection. We also offer a 24 hour business center with a computer, printer, scanner, and ample work space for your use. Please contact me directly at tlasure@grandvistasimi.com and I will be happy to make it right for you.
Pune, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel several time and but this i got a lot of problem my air condition broken for 3 days and then they shift me to other room as they are not able to fix it.

Only please check rates if you are extending your stay they say some different rate and when bill get generated some different rates gets applied.

Then you need to talk with them and try to help them remember what did you talk etc etc...

Rest everything is good and even location is nice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Tushar K
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that my staff was not able to fix your A/C problem in a timely manner. I am also sorry if we did not communicate clearly with your rates. Our rates change based on availability and could go up as well as down. Your rate is printed (by date) on your registration card and if you are extending past the check out date the rate may vary, however, our ability to communicate this should not. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We look forward to your return. Please contact me directly should you need any further assistance. tlasure@grandvistasimi.com
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I've stayed here multiple times. Sure it is not a 5-star hotel. The price is VERY reasonable. There is another 4-star in the area and charges about $50 more a night. A night's stay for us is always simple, how many frills does one really need if ya need a place to sleep when most of the time spent is actually away from the room? Check in/out is simple, parking is free (paying for parking at some hotels happen and as long as there are spots while we pay, I'm good). I've stayed here before and will most likely stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
tlasure, General Manager at Grand Vista Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for posting your comments. We appreciate your business and happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. We take great pride in providing excellent service as well as a clean comfortable room to every guest. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Simi Valley
Palm Garden Hotel
#2 of 9 in Thousand Oaks
BEST WESTERN PLUS Thousand Oaks Inn
Quality Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks

Been to Grand Vista Hotel? Share your experiences!