“Good value with useful amenities” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Vista Hotel

Grand Vista Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
“Good value with useful amenities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel has two things that are becoming essential in his age of permanent connectivity and traveling with just a carry-on: Decent free high-speed wireless Internet and a coin operated guest laundry. Being able to do a quick and cheap load of laundry in the middle of a trip basically doubles the number of days one can travel with a given amount of clothes in the luggage. The room itself was clean and quiet and we had an overall great stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DrGato
tlasure, General Manager at Grand Vista Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for posting these gracious comments. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities that we have to offer. We are proud to offer an exceptional value and make all of our customers feel at home. We look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Olean, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

This hotel is clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The pillows are atrocious! The breakfast is not worth the price and pales in comparison to Hampton Inns. The pool and hot tub are very nice. My room was good because I requested one overlooking the pool. The last time I stayed my room looked out on an embankment. It is a good 3 star hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool on second or third floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Beachgrandma2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am happy to see that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay and that the staff was friendly and helpful. I am sorry that you did not care for the pillows or our express breakfast. We do have alternative pillows available through our housekeeping department. In addition to the express breakfast buffet we do offer a full service menu with all of the favorites made to order. If I can be of any further assistance, please contact me directly at tlasure@grandvistasimi.com.
Aliso Viejo, California

Smell in Hallway - Not Good
Smell of carpet in room - Not good

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tlasure, General Manager at Grand Vista Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your comments and concerns. I am sorry that your experience at our hotel left some negative impressions. I will be addressing these issues with the staff involved and correct any deficiencies. Please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance. tlasure@grandvistasimi.com
Lake Forest, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Just wanted a quick get away for Labor day: with the chain hotels booked and highot to our prices we decided to try Grand Vista with a deal for one night. It rated 3 stars. So we paid the non-refundable and checked in, our first impression was a nice lobby then onto the front desk where we had the pleasure of having Kyle check us in, no hello no how are you didn't even bother to look or pretend to want to be there, we did see the front desk reviews (hince) so we got our key and got onto a overpowering smell of vomit elevator, not feeling great at this point. When we got to our room it hit us in the face URINE, the smell was so bad we left our shoes on. thee sofa was so dirty we had to put towels on it. Worse yet the bed was as bad as we thought, dirty pillows. TV from the 1980's distorted picture. Bathroom was old yellowed from some stains not even a bathroom fan we blow dried the mirror to see. Other guests were running up and down the floor all night. our get away was ruined. It was impossible to go to another hotel and we would have slept in the car if it were not so hot. Go to motel 6 oh and to the manager maybe your staff should go to boot camp for customer service. Why would we complain to Kyle when he didn't care to begin with. Upon leaving we were treated the same by a man with no name badge no goodbye or have a nice day. We will be staying elsewhere next time. This hotel does not deserve 3 stars let alone 1 star.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kittykatpurr
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel and taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am sorry that your experience at our hotel left some negative impressions. I will make no excuses for the lack of cleanliness and service. Had these issues been brought to our attention we would have certainly made them right and offerd to move you to another room. Please contact me directly at tlasure@grandvistasimi.com and I will be happy to make it right for you.

Travelers are raving about these Simi Valley hotels

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was a beautiful hotel with a gorgeous overlook of Simi Valley. It was very close to a shopping center with many stores and starbucks. The room was spacious and modern (I requested a renovated room) and I found the hotel to be very clean. We stayed 2 nights and wanted to stay another 2, but the hotel was completely booked. However, you would never know it, because the whole place was so quiet! They have a nice fitness center and pool, though we were so busy we didnt have a chance to use them. Will definitely stay here again when I visit LA!

Room Tip: Request a renovated room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.
Victorville, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have stayed here twice before and have to say that every year this hotel declines. This year we stayed and were met with a hotel desk clerk that took her time to even acknowledge that we were standing there ready to check in. The room was old and musty as someone else stated. It was so filthy I didn't even want to sit on the bed cover and after seeing the lounge chair I was ready to check out. Dirty, dirty, dirty. The paint was peeling off the walls and the door in the bathroom and the water pressure in the shower was abysmal. It took forever to wash the shampoo out of your hair. We have given this hotel 3 chances and they will never get another chance. We will never stay here again. They offer a continental breakfast in the morning that is disgusting so trying to get a decent meal we decided we would order off the menu. $13.00 - $15.00 for breakfast that consists of some eggs, bacon and potatoes! Really? This is just too much. We felt like we were getting ripped off at every turn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
tlasure, General Manager at Grand Vista Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel and taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am sorry that your experience at our hotel left some negative impressions. I will make no excuses for the lack of cleanliness and service. I will use your comments and experience as a training tool with all of our management staff and assure that better solutions are offered in the future. Please contact me directly at tlasure@grandvistasimi.com and I will be happy to make it right for you.
Morro Bay, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

The room and bathroom were old and very musty. There was a strange odor throughout the whole hotel. The room windows do not open so no chance of even trying to air it out. Way too busy with the onsite club/bar. Spa too crowded to use. Front desk was very nice. The best part was that del taco was five feet away! Probably would not stay again. I would rather pay $20 more and ve able to breath elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
tlasure, General Manager at Grand Vista Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for your comments and concerns. I am sorry that your experience at our hotel left some negative impressions. Had these issues been brought to our attention we certainly would have offered to move you to another room and/or correct any issues. Please contact me directly at tlasure@grandvistasimi.com and I will be happy to make it right for you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Simi Valley
Quality Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks
Palm Garden Hotel
Palm Garden Hotel
#2 of 9 in Thousand Oaks

Been to Grand Vista Hotel? Share your experiences!