“Never again”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Victorville, CA
“Never again”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have stayed here twice before and have to say that every year this hotel declines. This year we stayed and were met with a hotel desk clerk that took her time to even acknowledge that we were standing there ready to check in. The room was old and musty as someone else stated. It was so filthy I didn't even want to sit on the bed cover and after seeing the lounge chair I was ready to check out. Dirty, dirty, dirty. The paint was peeling off the walls and the door in the bathroom and the water pressure in the shower was abysmal. It took forever to wash the shampoo out of your hair. We have given this hotel 3 chances and they will never get another chance. We will never stay here again. They offer a continental breakfast in the morning that is disgusting so trying to get a decent meal we decided we would order off the menu. $13.00 - $15.00 for breakfast that consists of some eggs, bacon and potatoes! Really? This is just too much. We felt like we were getting ripped off at every turn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
tlasure, General Manager at Grand Vista Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel and taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am sorry that your experience at our hotel left some negative impressions. I will make no excuses for the lack of cleanliness and service. I will use your comments and experience as a training tool with all of our management staff and assure that better solutions are offered in the future. Please contact me directly at tlasure@grandvistasimi.com and I will be happy to make it right for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Morro Bay, California
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

The room and bathroom were old and very musty. There was a strange odor throughout the whole hotel. The room windows do not open so no chance of even trying to air it out. Way too busy with the onsite club/bar. Spa too crowded to use. Front desk was very nice. The best part was that del taco was five feet away! Probably would not stay again. I would rather pay $20 more and ve able to breath elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013
tlasure, General Manager at Grand Vista Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for your comments and concerns. I am sorry that your experience at our hotel left some negative impressions. Had these issues been brought to our attention we certainly would have offered to move you to another room and/or correct any issues. Please contact me directly at tlasure@grandvistasimi.com and I will be happy to make it right for you.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I've stayed here a few times. It is a little dated, but it was clean and well kept. The price was very reasonable. I booked this room through an internet site and it didn't include breakfast. The front desk told me I could have gotten the same price, with breakfast, by booking directly through them....He also told me they honor any internet price. Good to know!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate your business. It is our goal to provide exceptional guest service and make our customers feel at home. We look forward to your return.
Pasadena, California
Reviewed August 1, 2013

From the minute I arrived I was treated very well by the entire staff. It is not the newest hotel in the area but it's very clean, well located and the staff was very helpful and definitely put the needs of their guest first. The price is great. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to my coworkers and family. Simi Valley does not have a high end hotel, they have brand name places that charge top dollar without the quality. For me this place is perfect. Try it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel and taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We are proud to offer a great product at an incomparable value. It is our goal to provide exceptional guest service and make our customers feel at home. I am happy to see that some of the staff’s efforts have been noticed and I will share your comments with them. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Location is in close proximity to major highways, shopping center 1/8 of a mile away. Staff was very nice. Restaurants on site, food is decent. Hotel is need of make over. Furniture, air conditioning unit and T.V. are all outdated. Lobby gives a good presentation but that is where it stop. Carpets are old and smell of mildew. Not bad if looking for a overnight stay without any luxury.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are continually upgrading different aspects of the hotel and I am sorry if your room did not meet your expectations. The upgrading process takes time and we are always working to improve the product for our customers. I am happy to see that some of the staff’s efforts have been noticed and I will share your comments with them. Your comments help us to know how we can improve and provide exceptional service.
Maryland
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I were returning to California for a reunion with friends. The hotel was very convenient and had all the amenities we needed. The rate was excellent. Our room faced a hill so we had total privacy. Front desk was helpful. Everything we needed for our stay.

Will stay here again when we return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Audthang
tlasure, General Manager at Grand Vista Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am glad you enjoyed our location as well as all of the amenities. We take great pride in providing excellent service as well as a clean comfortable room to every guest. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

This isn't a great hotel by any means but given the rates, location and the general standard it's not at all bad. The staff are efficient if not particularly friendly or welcoming, the rooms are clean though in need of maintenance here and there and the facilities are adequate. If they charged more I'd rate this place as average but they don't and in this location it is a good place to stay.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SAJ13
Thank you for your comments. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Simi Valley
Palm Garden Hotel
#2 of 9 in Thousand Oaks
Quality Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks
Best Western Plus Thousand Oaks Inn

Been to Grand Vista Hotel? Share your experiences!