“Nice place:)”
Review of Grand Vista Hotel

Grand Vista Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights before christmas and had a nice stay:) Our room was clean and fresh! The elevators makes a lot of noise, so make sure to get a room a bit away from them! The staff was friendly and nice, and helped us out when we needed it:)
The hotel looked better in real life than on the pictures! Free parking and free wifi! Would stay here again :)

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Stine H
tlasure, General Manager at Grand Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Thank you for taking your time to share these wonderful comments. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was helpful. We look forward to your return. Thank you for choosing the Grand Vista Hotel we appreciate your business.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I have stayed at the Grand Vista Hotel in Simi Valley 2 times this month and I have to say that the staff there are very informative and friendly. The rooms were comfortable both times and staff member Jordyn was very nice both times. I forgot my jacekt upon checking out and Jordyn located it and had it waiting for me at the front desk upon my return. The view is nice and the access to restaurants and retail stores make it pleasant. This hotel seems to be my favorite hotel in Simi Valley . We have always received great service and a quiet relaxig stay every time.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are very quiet and accessible in case you need to go to your car for somethi...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ericka g

Thank you for posting this GREAT review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and have taken the time to share your experience. My staff appreciates when they are noticed for their efforts and it truly shows when I post them on the bulletin board. Jordyn is all smiles today and is grateful for your comments. Thank you for choosing the Grand Vista Hotel. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Great service from the front desk (Jordyn) and the training new manager (Jeff). Both very personable and helpful. Knew their jobs, never had to wait for anything. Service for breakfast was so so. Service in the lobby bar could have been better bartender didn't have much of a personality, but the drinks were okay. Location was perfect with a beautiful view.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hawes1965

Thank you for posting your comments. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry if some of the staff was not as pleasant as you hoped. I will use your comments to show them how a sincere smile and positive attitude can help them provide exceptional guest service. Thank you for choosing the Grand Vista Hotel. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Booked through Hotwire on deal where I didn't know hotel name in advance. I saved a lot by doing this for a long stay, but I was disappointed with bedding options: 1 king or 2 double beds instead of 1 king or 2 queens. The hotel should look into upgrading doubles to queens at some point.

The views are great here! This was my 3rd stay and I've had city/sunset views and also garden/pool views, but my fave view is highest floor overlooking the pool and you can see the city/sunsets beyond. Best of both worlds.

Minor disappointment was that they no longer offer free breakfast. They offer room service.... and a simple continental breakfast for 4 would cost about $40 + 18% and taxes - and since we are on a tight budget we had to skip room service :-( BUT, good news is the hotel has a decent size fridge and microwave. We could keep drinks, milk, snacks, etc and save money that way.

The hotel offers self-laundry on site for $3/load which was convenient since we were staying there for awhile! Housekeeping was efficient and friendly. Rooms are decorated nicely. Parking was ample. Swimming pool is heated and was never overcrowded (well it is Nov I suppose) but I enjoyed the Xmas music was swimming on an 80 degree day over Thanksgiving holiday!!

The walls can be a little thin, you hear your neighbors or feel the doors shutting, but that didn't bother me. I expect some noise in public places... Apparently it did bother my downstairs neighbor, as front desk called me to complain. We were only walking around getting ready to leave during the day time, not even at night, so maybe it was just a cranky person. But it made me feel like we had to walk on eggshells to avoid getting a second call from FD.

Overall, it was worth the price I paid through Hotwire Hot Rates!

Room Tip: Request highest floor (3rd or 4th) overlooking both pool and can see city views beyond.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank M3LODI3

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed comments. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay and some of our amenities. I am sorry that our room service menu fell short of your expectations. We do also offer a full service menu in our on-site restaurant that offers several more items than the room service menu. Thank your for choosing the Grand Vista Hotel. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Very unexpected and welcoming surprise.
Very reasonably priced and great service.
The rooms are generous and views are amazing.
Will definitely come back and highly recommend.
Too bad they don't have more of these around CA, only Palm Beach.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Latusi

Thank you for this Great recommendation. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Recently came here with a wedding party and had a pretty horrible experience, everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong. When we were coming back in the area we decided to give it a second try, and I'm glad we did it was one of the greatest stays in a hotel we've ever had! Front desk staff was unbelievably friendly, especially Naomie. She had a great memory and was constantly attending us! We even had some late night necessities and the staff did a really great job at doing the requests. We had a great room facing the valley it as stunning at night, but we did notice that the hallways were a little bit dungeon like. Way too dark and some of the light fixtures seemed to be falling off the walls. It needed a bit of cosmetic updating but over all it was excellent. The bed was sooo comfortable and we were super happy to hear our rate included breakfast and drinks! The bar tender inside the vista was doing such a great job for working by himself. Anyways, it was a great experience and we can't wait to come back down! thanks everyone!

Room Tip: high floors with valley views
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences. We are happy you gave us another chance to prove ourselves and that you are happy that you did. Your comments help us to provide exceptional guest service and maintain our focus on providing this service. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

After reading reviews on this site I was a little hesitant to book here but I liked the price. Our room was great. The staff was very friendly and answered all of our questions. We didn't encounter any problems and enjoyed our stay. There is a nice little bar within walking distance and it's right down the street from a large outdoor mall/town center. The location is great. If you're not happy, the attentive staff will help you out. Save your money for other things, stay here!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village
Good Nite Inn - Calabasas
Good Nite Inn - Calabasas
#3 of 3 in Calabasas

Been to Grand Vista Hotel? Share your experiences!