“Great stay!”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Los Angeles, California
“Great stay!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Great stay! Staff were all wonderful and helpful. Did not have the buffet breakfast, a little pricey for what they offered. Hotel had a gym, whirlpool and a pool. Clean and very kept up hotel. Room was clean and nice,

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank domsgirl
tlasure, General Manager at Grand Vista Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am always glad to hear that my staff was helpful as we take great pride in giving excellent service as well as providing a clean comfortable room to every guest. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Just stayed there for one night. The price is right for the hotel. The hotel is old. You can tell when walk in your room because you can smell it. But everything is clean and well maintained. The bed is soft & comfortable. Did not use the Wi-Fi. But did use wired connect at room. They even provide the Ethernet cable. The free breakfast was ok, nothing special.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LoveTrav8
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel and taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We are proud to offer a great product at an incomparable value. It is our goal to provide exceptional guest service and make our customers feel at home. I am happy to see that some of the staff’s efforts have been noticed and I will share your comments with them. Your comments help us to know how we can improve and provide exceptional service.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We found this hotel on Hotels.com and could not have been more pleased. We had plans to visit the Ronald Reagan Presential Library and this location was terrific. It is right off of the Highwaywith easy on and off access. The room was large and well maintained. The hotel was quiet and the staff extremely polite. We were offered a $10 updgrade which afforded us two beverages in the evening and two continental breakfasts in the hotels dinningroom. Dinner was good and the breakfast choices above average.

Room Tip: We had a croner room on the fourth floor in the back - large, clean and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Purrplemickey
Thank you for choosing the Grand Vista Hotel and posting your gracious comments. It is guest comments like yours that ensure that exceptional guest service is always our top priority. We are proud to offer a great product at an incomparable value.
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I got this hotel thru priceline.com and this was the best deal for an excellent place. I will surely be back to visit. The staff was very nice and informative. My only problem I had was my key. Locale is excellent, you can walk across the street to the plaza which provides many stores and restuarants. Walmart was near, only 40 mins to Los Angeles. Very clean! Too bad they're a small chain.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank soniabj
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. The staff works hard to provide exceptional guest service and a home away from home for our guests. I happy to see their efforts being appreciated and will share your comments. We look forward to your return.
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel. It was very inexpensive, but had all of the amenities I was looking for. Comfortable bed, quiet, free wi-fi, and a great fitness center. You can upgrade for $10 and get 2 breakfast coupons

Room Tip: I had a room facing away from the highway
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your kind words. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and that you are so kind as to share your experience. Your 100% satisfaction is very motivational. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I had a great experience at the Grand Vista Hotel. It was clean and very nice, the staff was amazing, and there is a great bar next door. I would definitely stay here again. I was traveling alone and the staff was extra helpful in helping me find what I was looking for and even gave me some tips about what to do with my free time while I was in town.

Room Tip: I had a king room and it was great.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
tlasure, General Manager at Grand Vista Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. I am happy to see that we earned your satisfaction and I am happy to see that some of the staff’s efforts have been noticed. I will share your comments with them. We appreciate your business and we look forward to your return.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The hotel has a great location and is close to many things shopping, restaurants, mall etc. a very nice looking lobby and the staff is helpful. The price is good, Those are the pros. The cons were problem with dirty linen in our room ( Not sure maid changed them ) and after i complained they did come and changed them yet did not change the pillow covers so had to call again. Elevators was not working the whole time we were there. Other issues were hallways are a bit dated and poorly lit. I noticed they had wall lites along near each door yet none of them had light bulbs in them so it was up to the poorly lit ceiling lites to do the work (Come on management don't be so cheap the new cf light bulbs don't use to much energy) . Also FYI check your bank account after you visit this hotel. On checking my account I noticed a charge for 85 dollars which should not have been there on calling the hotel they said my reservation was a no show yet I stayed at the hotel for two nights and had my receipt to prove it. The woman who I talked to told me she would reverse the charge but had a attitude of well I will do it for you this time like it was a favor to me never mind it was just wrong as I did stay at the hotel plus had my receipts to prove it. Shady or just a mistake ? I am not sure. Aside from dirty linen and the no show fee the other things that need improvements are minor This hotel is ok but it could be great with better maintenance and maid service. I have stayed here before and might stay again for its location. Lets hope it improves.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
tlasure, General Manager at Grand Vista Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am glad that you enjoyed our location and staff. I am sorry that your experience at our hotel left some negative impressions. There is no excuse for the neglect in our service to you. I can assure you that this was an exception. I will use your comments to inform the staff involved of the importance of paying close attention to these details. Please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance. tlasure@grandvistasimi.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Simi Valley
Palm Garden Hotel
#2 of 9 in Thousand Oaks
Quality Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks
Best Western Plus Thousand Oaks Inn

Been to Grand Vista Hotel? Share your experiences!