Grand Vista Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Reviewed September 18, 2012

New Job out in Simi Valley, stayed here for a few weeks til our place was ready. Front Desk staff was very nice and friendly overall. Kyle (night), Jordyn (day) were always helpful with anything.

Rooms: Nice, clean. Wish there was a little bit more water pressure in sinks and shower.

Went to Vista restaurant food and service was good. Except when I was 2 minutes to late for the complimentary coffe and the server insisted that he charged me $2 for a little tiny cup of coffe from the same complimentary coffe machine. I didnt think that was necessary.

Pool was kept up nice, spent a good time lounging in the cabanas.

Will reccomend this hotel to any friends that come in the area for sure. The price is really good with it being a full service hotel.

Room Tip: Get rooms on 4th floor. Or ask for a renovated room. Many rooms in this hotel are newly renovated...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
tlasure, General Manager at Grand Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am always glad to hear that my staff was helpful as we take great pride in giving excellent service as well as providing a clean comfortable room to every guest. I am sorry about the "coffee police", I have instructed the staff to use better judgement. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I need to stay in the area once a week and with the very limited options in the area, this is a great place especially for the price. There is also a pool and a fun sports bar on site. Kyle at the front desk is very helpful and accommodating

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
tlasure, General Manager at Grand Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate your business. I am happy to see that our staff is recognized for their efforts. (Way to go Kyle!) We look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Located right off the freeway...This hotel was a good choice for us to stay. We were in town to visit the Ronald Reagan Library...and this hotel was the best price deal available. Check in went quickly, and the staff was very friendly. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The only negative was that when I asked about the complementary breakfast, I was told that it was not included in for us because we got such a good room rate and that I could purchase a complementary breakfast for $10.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JoeinCOS

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am glad you enjoyed our location as well as our staff. We take great pride in providing excellent service as well as a clean comfortable room to every guest. While some rate packages include our Express Breakfast Buffet and nightly cocktails, other discounted rates do not include these as to offer a better value. If your discounted rate did not include these we offer the upgrade for $10.00 at check in. This upgrade is a $28.00 value and includes two Express Breakfast Buffet coupons and two nightly cocktail coupons. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Visiting family in Simi. We had an excellent stay at grand vista. Excellent value. Excellent breakfast. Fun time at the pool. Very Convenient location. Room very clean. Beds very comfortable. Felt very safe and secure. We will definitely use Grand Vista again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are proud to offer a great product at an incomparable value. We appreciate your business. It is our goal to provide exceptional guest service and make our customers feel at home. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Last weekend my family and I stayed at the Grand Vista Hotel. First the good the rooms are older but they are clean. That is about the only good thing I can say about this hotel. When we arrived at the hotel it was 102 degrees outside my father who is 72 years old asked the black haired gentleman at the front desk who was not wearing a name badge if he could get a luggage cart to transport luggage to his upstairs room. The man told my father NO BUT YOU CAN GO LOOK FOR ONE! I don’t know if this man is a manager or not but several family members said he was very rude he defiantly needs a few lessons in customer service.

The elevator bay had a very strong chemical like smell to them every time I would go up or down stairs I would wonder what that horrible smell is.

As far as the free breakfast goes do not bother. They do not replenish the breakfast once it’s gone its gone as many of my family members and I found out. The bannas where full of brown spots and the man running the breakfast was downright rude.

Overall the rooms were clean but customer service leaves a lot to be desired it was clear no one wanted to be there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for posting your comments. I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I am happy that you did enjoy our physical product, however, ashamed that our personnel was not accommodating. I will be using your comments to train the employees on the guests perception and professionalism. Please contact me directly at tlasure@grandvistasimi.com and I will be happy to make it right for you.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was a somewhat confusing experience. The hotel is well kept, nice pool, nice location, big rooms, and great price. But our first breakfast and last was chaos, no coffee cups for the coffee, no clean tables, no attention. Our room was not cleaned our second day and our bathroom was not restored the next. We checked out one day early and front desk offered no apologies but at least cooperated with expedia to get the last unused day refunded. They were very busy on Labor day weekend. Maybe they were understaffed. Maybe the staff is demoralized. No one was very helpful or nice except the young man who checked us in. Anyhow, a good stay and property was way below the mark on something that an attentive management could cure.

• Stayed: September 2012
tlasure, General Manager at Grand Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

You are 100% correct - this is managements fault. I am sorry that your experience at our hotel left some negative impressions. There is no excuse for the lack in our services. I can assure you that this is the exception and not the rule at Grand Vista Hotel. It is our goal to provide exceptional guest service and make our customers feel at home. I am sorry we failed with you. Please contact me directly at tlasure@grandvistasimi.com and I will be happy to make it right for you.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

The Grand Vista is an older hotel, but not too old and right off CA-118 in Simi Valley. I found it on Hotels.com and got a great deal, $100 less per night than the next closest place. They have a restaurant and a bar, as well as pool, spa, and fitness center. The rooms are clean and quiet and the staff is helpful. The only negatives are the somewhat dated bathrooms in the guest rooms. They're pretty small and not very well appointed. It's a great place for one or two nights in the Simi Valley area, with lots of attractions nearby.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at the Grand Vista Hotel. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We are proud to offer a great product at an incomparable value. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Simi Valley
Quality Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks
Good Nite Inn - Calabasas
Good Nite Inn - Calabasas
#3 of 3 in Calabasas

Been to Grand Vista Hotel? Share your experiences!