“Great location for Reagan Library visit”

Best Western Posada Royale Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Nice property and handy location next to Elephant Bar that offers discount to Best Western Customers Breakfast is served in a nice room with hot food items with servers - very nice! Hotel does not have elevators so book early for first floor

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
POSADADHS, Manager at Best Western Posada Royale Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

On behalf of the entire staff, Thank you so much for staying with us while you were visiting the Ronald Reagan Library in Simi Valley. We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I have stayed here numerous times when I visit family. The included breakfast is the best I've encountered! In addition to the standard breads and cereals, there is amazing fresh fruit and a make-to-order omelet/egg station! There are also 3 hot dishes: waffles or pancakes, a breakfast meat (I had sausage or bacon) and some kind of hot potatoes. Yum! The rooms are adequate to good, depending on the room. Some have been updated more recently than others. On my most recent stay, the bathroom facilities seemed older, but were kept clean. The bedding and towels are always clean and fresh. And, my husband and I like our morning coffee, so we always request a couple extra regular. This is provided daily. The only downside is pricing, which varies depending on what is going on, sometimes significantly. This is not just seasonal. When planning a visit, on a non-holiday weekend, I thought, I encountered rates almost $100 a night higher than I had previously paid...there was some children's soccer tournament weekend. This really seemed uncalled for. Obviously I opted for another hotel that weekend, one that had not seemed to try for unfair advantage. I did return however...because when the rates are normal, it is indeed a good value.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

Thank you again for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Lovely hotel upon appearance. Three calls to confirm pet friendly. They did not have that on the reservation. Clerk had to call manager, who assigned us a room in the far back. Many men milling around back. Much shouting and swearing. Subsided at 3am and truck idling outside began at 5 pm. Called front desk for directions to a local restaurant, told I could come up front and use the business center. Horrible experience, very little sleep. Probably would have been nice, if we could have stayed with the other couples and families in the "non pet friendly" rooms. Pet owners BEWARE!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 936gails

Our pet friendly rooms are in an easy accessible area for dog owners to walk their dog or use our dog area. We wanted to keep pets in this area in certain pet friendly rooms to make sure all other guests with allergies or certain needs have a nice stay as well.
Our goal is making pet owners and non pet owners happy.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a few times while visiting Thousand Oaks and Simi valley. Love the location. Last 2 times I pd for an upgrade to a one bedroom suite. Its a very big comfortable room and still a reasonable price!
I love the breakfast! Most hotels offer a cheesy continental breakfast, but not here! You get a full buffet style breakfast with an chef with whip you up an omlet of your choice. All this included in the room price! As well on certain evening they serve wine and cheese in the lobby! A very nice touch!
The rooms around the pool can be noisy if its that time of year. But that's to be expected at any hotel with the rooms designed around a courtyard pool

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Thank the black pearl @shaw.ca

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay! The staff here truly wants every guest to have an excellent experience throughout their stay and it is wonderful when we get to read comments such as yours. We look forward to the opportunity to serve your travel needs in the future.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

The hotel was ok, and the breakfast was great. The only comment I must make is that at check in I asked for a quiet room at the back side of the hotel, and I added the reason: 9 hours jetlag. The reception staff gave me an outside room instead. There was traffic from 6 am on ...

I do not understand: the hotel has many rooms along the backside or along the inner patio. Such request costs nothing, not even a smile.

Room Tip: Ask for a room along the inner patio
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. Regarding Guest requests we always do our best to honor every request especially when it was put in in advance last minute requests upon check in are sometimes more difficult to meet.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

It was a lil of the beaten path, but well worth it. When I walked into the lobby I knew I picked a winner. The rooms where spacious, clean and quite. They have a heated pool (that's open till 10pm) a court yard with a tables and chairs. I enjoyed the breakfast choices. Staff was friendly and helpful. Over all I really loved my stay and cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

This hotel is amazing! The hotel is beautiful, inside and out. The desk staff welcomed us with freshly baked cookies, grapes, cheese and crackers, and an glass of excellent wine. I've never been greeted in this way at any hotel I've ever stayed at before. I guess I just don't book the right places. Our room was clean, our bed was very comfortable. Right across from the hotel entrance is a superb dinner house. Our breakfast was cooked to our preference the next morning. The tables were set with white linen cloth. Absolutely a great experience and memorable stay. Thank you Best Western. Richard Kistler

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I will definitely share your feedback with my staff. We look forward to serving your travel needs in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Simi Valley
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks
Quality Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks
Best Western Plus Thousand Oaks Inn

Been to Best Western Posada Royale Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!