“Great Staff and Breakfast”

Best Western Posada Royale Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The hotel was well appointed and spacious rooms. The staff was great with helpful hints and directions. Also they had lots of discount coupons to offer for Disney Land and tours of LA. Overall I would give this hotel a 100 percent.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
POSADADHS, Manager at Best Western Posada Royale Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I am fine with the usual continental breakfast, get up and get going. But what a nice, unexpected change of pace at this hotel. Sure, I could have grabbed a few snacks, juice, coffee and fruit as usual. But why pass up a sit down at a table covered with linen, real glassware, utensils and dishes and cups. With wait staff to refill your juice, coffee, etc. And an omelet chef to quickly prepare one just to your liking with lots of varied ingredients! Room was spacious, comfortable and quiet (except when the fire alarm was set off my a power outage).

Room Tip: We got one away from the pool area and were very happy with it.
1  Thank Enthusiast_11

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I will definitely share your feedback with my staff. We look forward to serving your travel needs in the future!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The toilet in the room plugged up (after a simple urination with minimal TP). The front desk was called, was told someone would come up soon (it was 10:00 pm). An hour later (11:00 pm) the front desk was called again and was told that the maintenance man left without correcting the problem and did I still need the toilet unplugged. I responded "yes". An hour later (midnight) Alan, the security guard shows up with a dirty bucket with a plunger in it and he said "here ya go, do it yourself". I was shocked. I asked him if he expected me to do it, he responded "ya, you plugged it, you fix it, I'm not a plumber and I'm not going to do it." He left, I tried to unplug the toilet with the plunger but was unsucessful. I called the front desk once more and was told that he (Alan) would be up. At 1:00 am Alan showed up and proceeded to tell me that he was not coming in to unplug the toilet, that I should put something decent on (I was in my pjs with a blanket totally covering myself up), he asked if I someone in the room who could do this for me and I told him "no" (my young daughter was the only other person in the room with me). He told me again that it was my fault that the toilet was plugged up (not true) and that if I wanted to use the toilet that I'd have to do it myself. A few minutes later he returned to tell me that I could change rooms. Really???? 1:00 am with a child I'm supposed to pack everything up, wake up my daughter (who needed her sleep to swim in a competition the next morning) and move to another room?????? This man was insulting, rude, unprofessional, not helpful, and the worst customer service I've ever experienced! Will never return to Best Western and will advise friends, relatives, and collegues to not as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
POSADADHS, Manager at Best Western Posada Royale Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

I am sorry that your experience at our hotel left some negative impressions. I appreciate your comments and can assure you that your experience is an exception. We strive to deliver Exceptional Guest Service and I can assure you that your concerns will be corrected. I will use your comments and experience as a training tool with all of our management staff and Alan our security guard and assure that something like you described will never happened in the future.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We booked through Priceline and got a great price that matched a great hotel. This place was in a SAFE area and that was very important to us. The hotel also has a great breakfast and was clean. We arrived around midnight afterdriving a'll fat from San Francisco so it was wonderful to find such a gem.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Jennifer P

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Posada Royal is the best. I am never dissapointed with my stay there. The staff makes you feel welcomed every time you see them. They are extremely friendly (not to mention the warm cookies). It is the superior staff that keeps me coming back. Customer service and a quality produect is what their business is about and they do a great job at it. The Posada Roya is a great value for the price. I will stay there every chance I get.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MarioB58

We are all so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will be back soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I chose this hotel initially because of its proximity to the Reagan Library, but when we arrived I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. The lobby, room and surroundings were beautiful. The complimentary breakfast was one of the best I've had at a hotel. It even included a chef with an omelet bar. The Elephant Bar Restaurant is right next door and provides a great dining experience within walking distance. Overall, it was one of the best medium priced hotels I've ever visited.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bill B

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Whenever we have chosen Best Western in the past 10 years, it has always been a pleasant uneventful stayover. This hotel in Simi Valley was nicely appointed, and although there was a youth baseball team or two there in the pool to the end of the evening, we could not hear them from our room and rested quietly.

1  Thank George B
POSADADHS, Manager at Best Western Posada Royale Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay! The staff here truly wants every guest to have an excellent experience throughout their stay and it is wonderful when we get to read comments such as yours. We look forward to the opportunity to serve your travel needs in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Simi Valley
Hyatt Regency Westlake
Hyatt Regency Westlake
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village
Quality Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks

Been to Best Western Posada Royale Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!