“Would not recommend this hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Reviewed October 18, 2013

There really is nothing positive that I can write about this hotel other than the man at the front desk that check us in to our rooms was very polite. The hotel is old and torn apart for renovations, the beds were not comfortable, the breakfast was average at best and the rooms are overpriced. We were also never told that half the hotel was under construction.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

I am very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your stay at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology that you were not notified ahead of time about our renovation. I hope that after our upgrades are complete, that you will give us a chance to provide a much more enjoyable stay!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stay here all the time for work. Always get a good deal from other travel websites. Just get a room on the top floor so no one can stomp on ya. Very clean , nice tv's. Good breakfast too! There is a Vons right across the street. The freeway is super close but not too close so the noise won't bother you.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mr_bugs
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for your great comments! We are so appreciative of our loyal guests. We look forward to your next visit!!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We travel to Simi Valley at least once a year and usually stay at this hotel. We are generally pleased with the hotel. It's appearance is not the same as newer Holiday Inn express hotels since the hotel is an older place but it is generally a fine hotel and has a good location in the city. The service is generally good here and that was largely true this time however for some reason our room was not cleaned up after the first night. I mentioned this to the person at the desk the next morning and was not impressed with the young lady's response as she did not express concern for the lack of service. The room was serviced as usual the following mornings. We are generally quite pleased with the hotel and will likely continue to stay there on our return visits.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am very sorry to hear that you did not receive housekeeping and that the front desk did not respond appropriately. Please know that this issue will be addressed immediately. We strive to provide excellent service and I am disappointed that this was not the case for you. Please feel free to contact me to discuss further. I appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and look forward to serving you soon!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

During the course of my stay, the staff was friendly, the facilities was clean, and house keeping kept my room tidy. The day before my last day, my pricey headphones came up missing, which happen to be connected to my iPod after running. I reported it, believing it was taken by accident. When I checked out, I had to create a new report because the previous one came up missing. Unfortunately, I have yet to receive a call back. Other than the experience of robbery, this was a decent place to stay.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank GeezyPlzBlv
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

I am very sorry to hear that you did not get a call back regarding your lost item. We have a system in place for lost and found items and it concerns me that your needs were not met. Please contact me directly at (805) 584-6006 extension 128 so that I may look further into the situation. Thank you.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Great place to stay good location staff was Great we stayed in several places over a 17 day trip spent Three nights here . Had a laundry Room which was needed by this time in our tri room was super nice with huge jacuzzi type tub and a seperate shower spent some time at the Pool really enjoyed this stop

Room Tip: Make sure it has the super Tub it was great
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am happy to hear that you were able to stay in one of our King rooms with the Jacuzzi tubs. These rooms are definitely our guest's favorite! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed here on my road trip through California for two nights. Its a good hotel, placed on a great area, close to the major highway, nice, clean, good pool, decent continental breakfast. Kind off old rooms, but very doable, especially for the price that they offer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Kosta-Macedonia,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. However, we are thankful that you enjoyed your stay despite some issues. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have been in and out of Simi Valley for three months and keep coming back to the Holiday Inn Express. On Day One it was obvious to me that the hotel is very well run and this translates into a very positive atmosphere. The hotel offers the things that are most important to me: a proper work desk, good in-room WiFi, a comfortable bed, in-room microwave and fridge, and self-serve laundry facilities. This lets me hit the ground running and maintain a productive routine. It also has the nice extras: fitness centre, complimentary breakfast, parking and, of course, the pool. Then there is the location: There are restaurants, stores, gas and groceries all within a block of the hotel, and a large town centre just up the street. Access from the highway could not be easier and the views of the surrounding hills are wonderful. I could go on and on but what really sets the hotel apart is the staff. Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley is definitely a winner!

Room Tip: I always ask for a room with a full workdesk located on the second or third floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ukuhamba
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

It is always a pleasure to hear from a frequent guest! Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am very happy that you are able to enjoy all of the amenities offered and that your travel needs are being met. And I truly appreciate your kind comments about our staff. I will pass on the compliment. We look forward to your next visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Simi Valley
4 mi away
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks
Quality Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks

Been to Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley? Share your experiences!