“Good experience with one reservation....”

Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Reviewed July 28, 2013

During the course of my stay, the staff was friendly, the facilities was clean, and house keeping kept my room tidy. The day before my last day, my pricey headphones came up missing, which happen to be connected to my iPod after running. I reported it, believing it was taken by accident. When I checked out, I had to create a new report because the previous one came up missing. Unfortunately, I have yet to receive a call back. Other than the experience of robbery, this was a decent place to stay.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank GeezyPlzBlv
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

I am very sorry to hear that you did not get a call back regarding your lost item. We have a system in place for lost and found items and it concerns me that your needs were not met. Please contact me directly at (805) 584-6006 extension 128 so that I may look further into the situation. Thank you.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Great place to stay good location staff was Great we stayed in several places over a 17 day trip spent Three nights here . Had a laundry Room which was needed by this time in our tri room was super nice with huge jacuzzi type tub and a seperate shower spent some time at the Pool really enjoyed this stop

Room Tip: Make sure it has the super Tub it was great
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am happy to hear that you were able to stay in one of our King rooms with the Jacuzzi tubs. These rooms are definitely our guest's favorite! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed here on my road trip through California for two nights. Its a good hotel, placed on a great area, close to the major highway, nice, clean, good pool, decent continental breakfast. Kind off old rooms, but very doable, especially for the price that they offer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Kosta-Macedonia,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. However, we are thankful that you enjoyed your stay despite some issues. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have been in and out of Simi Valley for three months and keep coming back to the Holiday Inn Express. On Day One it was obvious to me that the hotel is very well run and this translates into a very positive atmosphere. The hotel offers the things that are most important to me: a proper work desk, good in-room WiFi, a comfortable bed, in-room microwave and fridge, and self-serve laundry facilities. This lets me hit the ground running and maintain a productive routine. It also has the nice extras: fitness centre, complimentary breakfast, parking and, of course, the pool. Then there is the location: There are restaurants, stores, gas and groceries all within a block of the hotel, and a large town centre just up the street. Access from the highway could not be easier and the views of the surrounding hills are wonderful. I could go on and on but what really sets the hotel apart is the staff. Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley is definitely a winner!

Room Tip: I always ask for a room with a full workdesk located on the second or third floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ukuhamba
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

It is always a pleasure to hear from a frequent guest! Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am very happy that you are able to enjoy all of the amenities offered and that your travel needs are being met. And I truly appreciate your kind comments about our staff. I will pass on the compliment. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The staff here at Simi Valley Holiday Inn are the BEST! Maria and Tiffany and the rest of the staff do a great job at making their guest feel welcome. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are kept spotless. The pool and hot tub are always sparkling and ready for swimming. Warm cookies in the front office around 4:20 every day. ;) The location is close to the expressway and easy access to major cities. It is very quiet and the location seemed very safe. I never wanted to leave. This is a true oasis in the desert. See you guys soon!

Room Tip: I don't want to give up my secret...
1  Thank Rebecca C
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

I am so pleased to hear that you love our hotel! It is a lovely compliment that you consider our location an oasis and that you never want to leave! I am thrilled you love our warm cookies each afternoon and that our staff is treating you well. Thank you for choosing our hotel, we appreciate your loyalty!!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Very easy access to the expressway. Hotel is near several restaurants and just a short drive to many more. My room was huge, very clean, and quite comfortable. The bathroom was large with a walk-in tiled shower, plus an additional vanity/sink and a whirlpool tub in the living area. Wifi reception was excellent. No complaints!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

I really appreciate the great review! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope if you are in town again, you will choose to stay with us!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have visited this properly a few times since my first review, and my most recent stay was quite good. The room was spacious, cleaned very well, and everything worked perfectly. Microwave and fridge in each room is always helpful. Wi-fi worked well. I am also glad they replaced the regular HI Express soaps (which smell like Cinnamon, I think) with more citrus-smelling soap -- the shampoo was still the standard Cinnamon-smelling one, but I will take any changes.

Breakfast was well stocked, the staff were friendly and helpful, and the property felt calm enough in the room despite kids playing in the courtyard pool on and off. Newspaper in the lobby is always appreciated.

One recommendation I have is to ask for potential room options when you arrive. In my numerous stays at this property, I have had many good rooms, plus one big miss -- an older first floor room facing north (towards Motel 6) -- that particular room was smelly, old, dark, and depressing. I have had otherwise fairly good luck asking for upper floor rooms in other parts of the property.

Room Tip: One room on the first floor facing north (towards Motel 6) was smelly and unpleasant, so I recommend...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for leaving a review of our property. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am happy to report that all of our amenities are now the Bath and Body Works White Citrus scent! All of our guests are loving it!

I also want to let you know that we will be renovating our rooms at the end of the year. We are very excited to freshen up the hotel, that should alleviate any of the issues that you experienced during your last stay. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Simi Valley. We look forward to your next visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Simi Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks
Hyatt Regency Westlake
Hyatt Regency Westlake
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village

Been to Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley? Share your experiences!