“Never want to leave”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Los Angeles, California
“Never want to leave”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

The staff here at Simi Valley Holiday Inn are the BEST! Maria and Tiffany and the rest of the staff do a great job at making their guest feel welcome. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are kept spotless. The pool and hot tub are always sparkling and ready for swimming. Warm cookies in the front office around 4:20 every day. ;) The location is close to the expressway and easy access to major cities. It is very quiet and the location seemed very safe. I never wanted to leave. This is a true oasis in the desert. See you guys soon!

Room Tip: I don't want to give up my secret...
1 Thank Rebecca C
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
I am so pleased to hear that you love our hotel! It is a lovely compliment that you consider our location an oasis and that you never want to leave! I am thrilled you love our warm cookies each afternoon and that our staff is treating you well. Thank you for choosing our hotel, we appreciate your loyalty!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Very easy access to the expressway. Hotel is near several restaurants and just a short drive to many more. My room was huge, very clean, and quite comfortable. The bathroom was large with a walk-in tiled shower, plus an additional vanity/sink and a whirlpool tub in the living area. Wifi reception was excellent. No complaints!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
I really appreciate the great review! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope if you are in town again, you will choose to stay with us!
Everywhere, US
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have visited this properly a few times since my first review, and my most recent stay was quite good. The room was spacious, cleaned very well, and everything worked perfectly. Microwave and fridge in each room is always helpful. Wi-fi worked well. I am also glad they replaced the regular HI Express soaps (which smell like Cinnamon, I think) with more citrus-smelling soap -- the shampoo was still the standard Cinnamon-smelling one, but I will take any changes.

Breakfast was well stocked, the staff were friendly and helpful, and the property felt calm enough in the room despite kids playing in the courtyard pool on and off. Newspaper in the lobby is always appreciated.

One recommendation I have is to ask for potential room options when you arrive. In my numerous stays at this property, I have had many good rooms, plus one big miss -- an older first floor room facing north (towards Motel 6) -- that particular room was smelly, old, dark, and depressing. I have had otherwise fairly good luck asking for upper floor rooms in other parts of the property.

Room Tip: One room on the first floor facing north (towards Motel 6) was smelly and unpleasant, so I recommend...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for leaving a review of our property. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am happy to report that all of our amenities are now the Bath and Body Works White Citrus scent! All of our guests are loving it!

I also want to let you know that we will be renovating our rooms at the end of the year. We are very excited to freshen up the hotel, that should alleviate any of the issues that you experienced during your last stay. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Simi Valley. We look forward to your next visit!
Surprise, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Great access to the expressway. The room as big and clean. My wife likes it when the vanity and mirror is separate from the shower room. Functioning microwave and refrigerator in the room. The bed was nice enough for a restorative sleep, and we paid 67.00 a night to stay there through Hotwire.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 2tuckers
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We travel 300 days a year for business. That being said we obviously stay in a lot of hotels. This one is a gem. We are choice privelege rewards members and so we got an upgraded room. It is so nice to have things like this and really stands out from other experiences. We stayed last week and now will be going out of our way to stay again on our way home this weekend. The staff at the front desk were very nice, beds very comfortable. The pool area looked nice although I didn't have time to use it. The fitness room is recently remodeled and has state of the art equipment and lots of variety for changing up your routine. Breakfast is great. There is also a shoppong center close by with some great shops and so many dining options. Stay here and you will not be dissapointed!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank GypsyKatie
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Wow! A compliment from a frequent traveler is especially great! I really appreciate your review. It is wonderful when our staff's hard work is recognized. Our goal is that each guest's stay is excellent! Thanks again for taking time to write your comments.
Beltsville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

This hotel isn't new, but everything gave the appearance of being brand new. It must have been recently refurbished. My room was clean, comfortable and attractive. The bed and bedding were great and I slept wonderfully well. Access to the courtyard and room doors is inside a locked metal gate, so I felt very safe. The night clerk was very kind and efficient. They offer a free breakfast, although I didn't take time to sample it. I didn't need an "accessible" room, but I happened to get one. It was quite large, and so was the bathroom. Hmm...I learned something: perhaps in future when I want a large room, I'll ask for an accessible room. :-) I got a reduced rate through Hotwire, so I'm quite happy with the value. However, I don't know what the normal value would be.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sheryl P
Thank you for your review! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a great night's sleep! We hope that in the future you will visit us again and be able to take advantage of our wonderful breakfast!
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I "eloped" to Southern California for our wedding and found the Holiday Inn Express in Simi Valley to be a much more reasonable price for what we were looking for. The jacuzzi suite was the perfect room for newlyweds. What really made our stay was the helpful and friendly staff. From the receptionists getting a box of tissues for my husband's bloody nose, helping me zip up my wedding dress, and promptly getting my passport back to me when it fell out in the lobby (saving my honeymoon!) to the breakfast crew giving us ideas of where to visit in the area, they really made our stay more enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
I am thrilled you took the time to write your comments! Thank you the compliments on our staff. Each of our staff members truly care about our guests and work hard to provide excellant service! Thank you for choosing our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Simi Valley
Palm Garden Hotel
Palm Garden Hotel
#2 of 9 in Thousand Oaks
Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village

Been to Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley? Share your experiences!