Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Best Western Posada Royale Hotel & Suites(Simi Valley)(Great Value!)
$117
$110
$109
Motel 6 Simi Valley(Simi Valley)
$90
  • Pool
Grand Vista Hotel(Simi Valley)
$90
$87
$159
Priceline
Radisson Hotel Chatsworth(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$150
Staybridge Suites Chatsworth(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$148
Staybridge.com
$116
Ramada Chatsworth(Los Angeles)
$111
$101
$98
Hotels.com
All reviewsreagan libraryfree breakfastrooms faceroom was cleanfresh baked cookiesflat screen tvexercise rooman older propertyyogurtwould stay againvery nice stayfront desk personwe've stayedwater pressurestayed one nightjacuzzifreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have stayed here on at least a few different occasions for the last couple of years and have experienced no problems. It is one of my favorite places to stay in the area, and I try to book this place whenever I can find a deal on it.

The hotel may not look like much from the outside, and some rooms show the aging of the building more than others (e.g., older bath tubs), but the rooms are clean and comfortable, with free wi-fi and fridge in the room. Interestingly, each of the rooms I've stayed in has had a completely different set-up (e.g., one really basic, one with an extra sink outside of the bathroom, one with a jacuzzi in the room (!)).

Staff are friendly. Hot breakfast (standard Holiday Inn Express fare) is good (I've lost my fascination with their cinnamon rolls, and I don't care for the paper-thin strips of bacon -- but there are bagels, cereals, yogurts, etc.). Wi-fi works well. Beds are pretty comfy. No complaints.

Room Tip: You might ask about the rooms when you check-in; some rooms have extra sinks, at least one has a jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate the feedback and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am glad you were able to experience the variety of rooms we offer. Our rooms are quite large and I am happy that you were comfortable. We hope to see you on your next visit to our area!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

As a previous reviewer stated, had we seen the reviews on here before booking we wouldn't have stayed here, so I'm glad we didn't read them. From start to finish, the staff was very pleasant and accomodating. We had been initially assigned a king room, but with two kids, we obviously needed two beds. The front desk manager quickly found a room to accomodate us. The room was very clean, spacious and comfortable. There was also a microwave and fridge in the room, perfect to use with a Vons Supermarket across the street. The property is older, but appears to be well maintained. Breakfast is very fulfilling and great; our only complaint was there wasn't enough seating for all of the guests so we did have to wait for a table. As far as the safety of the surrounding areas, it appears to be a lower middle-class neighborhood. I didn't find it to be a huge safety risk (from reading prior reviews, you would think it's in the ghetto - it's not). I didn't care for parking in the back of the property at night - it was closer to our room, but it wasn't very well lit in my opinion. I'd recommend parking closer to the front at night, even if it's more of a walk to your room. Other than that, the hotel was well gated with key card access and all rooms face inward toward the courtyard/pool area, so I felt very comfortable and safe in that regard. Also, we booked based on Hotwire's statement that it's only 10 miles from Six Flags. That wasn't true, but it's not the hotel's fault. It's more of a 30-45 minute drive to Six Flags from the hotel, so if you want to be right next to the park, don't stay here. However, we would not hesitate to stay here again, even with the distance. It's a very nice hotel (maybe not 5-star, but if you want the Ritz, don't book a Holiday Inn Express room!) with lots of benefits that far outweigh any negatives we had. The price was great, the staff was friendly, and the room was clean and comfortable. We were definitely satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff works hard to ensure that each guest has a pleasurable experience. We will soon be adding new furniture and doing some room upgrades that you will be able to enjoy on your next visit!!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

My husband booked this room without checking Trip Advisor reviews, otherwise we wouldn't have stayed here. When he checked in he was offered a free upgrade by joining the frequent stay club. Our room was lovely... large jetted tub, separate dressing area and huge floor space. The room was spotless and had a triple sheeted bed with a great mattress. Very comfortable. The rest of the hotel was what we would expect for the price : a minimal free breakfast in a crowded room, noisy and cramped around the common areas. But for us, what a great sleep in a very nice room... And we are picky about sleep!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank birdy_8
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for your review of our property! Our Jacuzzi rooms are definitely a fan favorite! We appreciate you choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Simi Valley and hope to have you visit again soon!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotels whenever I travel for work or with my family. I love the consistensy you get when you choose them. The breakfasts are free and wonderful. Beds are good, service is great. However there are exceptions to every rule! This is definitely it. The staff was at best barely adequate, we checked in late and felt like we were intruding relatives causing someone to lose sleep. Throughout our stay we didn't encounter one person that we were impressed with. The breakfast was about one half of what we are used to. The building has outside hallways and is very noisy. Has a nice pool, but take your own towels unnless youre small enough to wrap up in one the hand towels they provide. The room was very clean, except the carpet which was stained and old. The elevator is noisy and slow. The area seems very dangerous at night. Disappointed in this brand and won't be back for certain. No internet access.

Room Tip: I would try another hotel, we saw an Extended Stay that looked nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jean Marie A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear Jean Marie A,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us a review. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay with us. We understand that your experience didn't meet your expectations and we would like to assure you that this is not the standards of service we are striving for. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 5, 2012

First I will say the staff for the most part is very nice. The hotel is old and dated and in a terrible area. I stayed in Simmi Valley two nights, the first was here, the second at the Best Western. I will return to the Best Western. I was traveling on business and needed to use the internet. They advertise internet but don't have it except in a few select rooms. They will move you if you ask but they are only guessing which room has internet access at any given time. My company paid for the room and even at free it wasn't worth it. The big iron gates they use to keep the riff raff out don't work and I got locked out in the dark parking lot on one side while on the other side the gate didn't close and anyone could get in. They were quick to let me know that the keys were fine it must have been my cell phone or something. The police were in the parking lot twice talking to seedy characters and according to the Front Desk we were lucky to have them here so often. I spoke with our travel coordinator and will not be back to this Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Best Western
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Richie B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear Richie B,

Thank you for staying with us. I am deeply sorry for the problems you encountered at our hotel. I assure you the safety and security are of utmost concern to us and I am sorry if you felt any differently. Thank you again.

Katie J