“Not a Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Phoenix, Az.
“Not a Holiday Inn Express”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotels whenever I travel for work or with my family. I love the consistensy you get when you choose them. The breakfasts are free and wonderful. Beds are good, service is great. However there are exceptions to every rule! This is definitely it. The staff was at best barely adequate, we checked in late and felt like we were intruding relatives causing someone to lose sleep. Throughout our stay we didn't encounter one person that we were impressed with. The breakfast was about one half of what we are used to. The building has outside hallways and is very noisy. Has a nice pool, but take your own towels unnless youre small enough to wrap up in one the hand towels they provide. The room was very clean, except the carpet which was stained and old. The elevator is noisy and slow. The area seems very dangerous at night. Disappointed in this brand and won't be back for certain. No internet access.

Room Tip: I would try another hotel, we saw an Extended Stay that looked nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jean Marie A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Jean Marie A,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us a review. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay with us. We understand that your experience didn't meet your expectations and we would like to assure you that this is not the standards of service we are striving for. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.

Connie D
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Bishop, Ca.
Reviewed September 5, 2012

First I will say the staff for the most part is very nice. The hotel is old and dated and in a terrible area. I stayed in Simmi Valley two nights, the first was here, the second at the Best Western. I will return to the Best Western. I was traveling on business and needed to use the internet. They advertise internet but don't have it except in a few select rooms. They will move you if you ask but they are only guessing which room has internet access at any given time. My company paid for the room and even at free it wasn't worth it. The big iron gates they use to keep the riff raff out don't work and I got locked out in the dark parking lot on one side while on the other side the gate didn't close and anyone could get in. They were quick to let me know that the keys were fine it must have been my cell phone or something. The police were in the parking lot twice talking to seedy characters and according to the Front Desk we were lucky to have them here so often. I spoke with our travel coordinator and will not be back to this Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Best Western
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Richie B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Richie B,

Thank you for staying with us. I am deeply sorry for the problems you encountered at our hotel. I assure you the safety and security are of utmost concern to us and I am sorry if you felt any differently. Thank you again.

Katie J

Travelers are raving about these Simi Valley hotels

Irvine, California
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Overall a comfortable hotel, big rooms, clean and friendly staff.Our stay at the hotel was good! Check-in was easy.“Excellent stay!” we had booked this place on the advice of our company. Everything from rooms to the breakfast were excellent .

Room Tip: Join the Priority club.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed in 8 hotels on our California road trip. This is the only one that I have to say - AWFUL. The room smelled like smoke and the view was of a terrible looking Motel 6. Scariest thing ever!!!!! The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library needs to warn people about the area. The police dept is always at the Motel 6 which might help. Pan handlers in the parking lot and big iron gates that didn't work created a terrible environment. The beds were not as comfy as the Hiltons, Hamptons and Marriotts we stayed in. Seemed very old and definitely run down. The room looked clean and they did offer to move us, like I said the staff was VERY nice but omg never again! Back to Hilton!! We only paid 50.00 to stay here I guess it's true you get what you pay for!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else or bring a pit bull for protection,
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank heidi t
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed here for a few days and it was wonderful! The staff at the front desk were amazing. They were fun and polite with big smiles. I was nervous about staying here because of some of these reviews but I must say, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the staff at this establishment, they make you feel very welcomed. I think some of the bad reviewers are either too high maitenance or had done something negative at the hotel. The room size, free breakfast, free wifi, staff and much more were well worth the money I spent, which wasn't bad. For a small town this was a very delightful place to stay. If you expect a 5 star hotel experience then stay at a Hilton. I'm very glad I chose to stay here and will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2012
Southern California
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The room smells like cigarettes. It looks nice when you walk in, clean, nicely decorated; the window ac was set to 67 degrees. When I moved it to 71 the smell became very apparent. All night I kept waking up and feeling like I was breathing into an ash tray. I put my clothes I wore into a laundry bag and when I got home and opened the bag it REEKED of smoke. I don't think it is from recent smoke; its as if the walls, ceiling and floor ooze the smell. Yes, the desk clerk was cordial but it was a miserable night at the Holiday Inn Express in Simi Valley. Oh, and bring your clorox wipes; the remote had some type of stickiness on it, the light switches had not been cleaned, and the desk chair has remnants of some type of liquid that left drip marks on the seat and low back. I also was given an outside room which meant low security since it is only a pane of glass between you and the outside world and the cars pull up, and rev their engines, come and go at all hours of the night, again with only you and the piece of glass to separate you from the noise. I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank SoCalRascal
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear SoCalRascal,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. I would like to offer a sincere apology regarding the smell of smoke in your room and the poor housekeeping service you received. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Orlando A.
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Very helpful staff and large rooms make this hotel a great place. I was greeted and promptly offered an upgrade. The free breakfast had plenty of offerings and there was enough room for everyone to fit comfortably and eat in peace. If you don't do the breakfast and have an outside room, you would never know how huge the courtyard with the pool and jacuzzi are. I was blown away by the hidden treasure that is this property. i would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room or one with the jacuzzi tub!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley
Best Western Plus Thousand Oaks Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks

Been to Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley? Share your experiences!