“Don't stay in Room 122”

Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The room smells like cigarettes. It looks nice when you walk in, clean, nicely decorated; the window ac was set to 67 degrees. When I moved it to 71 the smell became very apparent. All night I kept waking up and feeling like I was breathing into an ash tray. I put my clothes I wore into a laundry bag and when I got home and opened the bag it REEKED of smoke. I don't think it is from recent smoke; its as if the walls, ceiling and floor ooze the smell. Yes, the desk clerk was cordial but it was a miserable night at the Holiday Inn Express in Simi Valley. Oh, and bring your clorox wipes; the remote had some type of stickiness on it, the light switches had not been cleaned, and the desk chair has remnants of some type of liquid that left drip marks on the seat and low back. I also was given an outside room which meant low security since it is only a pane of glass between you and the outside world and the cars pull up, and rev their engines, come and go at all hours of the night, again with only you and the piece of glass to separate you from the noise. I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank SoCalRascal
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear SoCalRascal,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. I would like to offer a sincere apology regarding the smell of smoke in your room and the poor housekeeping service you received. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Very helpful staff and large rooms make this hotel a great place. I was greeted and promptly offered an upgrade. The free breakfast had plenty of offerings and there was enough room for everyone to fit comfortably and eat in peace. If you don't do the breakfast and have an outside room, you would never know how huge the courtyard with the pool and jacuzzi are. I was blown away by the hidden treasure that is this property. i would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room or one with the jacuzzi tub!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights. The staff will make your stay. I don't understand some of these reviews. The hotel is older but immaculate. The FREE breakfast was great. Every person I met was personable and genuinely seemed happy to have me as their guest. I had a huge room with a Jacuzzi. I was offered a late check out package which for a very small fee allowed me to check out at 4 pm. That allowed me to go visit the Ronald Reagan Library before checking out. I didn't have to worry about my things being left in a hot car. I would highly recommend this place, like I say I didn't see any of the negative things in some of these other reviews.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi rooms over look a pretty pool area.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
CrisB12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback! I am very happy that you enjoyed your room and that you took advantage of our late check out opportunity. Thank you for your kind words towards our staff. They are always thrilled to hear such praise! We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again!!!!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We worked with Tiffany to arrange a block of rooms for our guests that were coming to our daughters wedding. The process was flawless. I recommend this property, everything went well and all the guests were happy with their stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Deena B

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am delighted that we had the opportunity to be a part of such a big event! Tiffany is new to our hotel and we are indeed lucky and happy to have her! Congratulations to the Bride and Groom! Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to having you and your family and friends return soon!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

stayed here for 1 night (Late check in )

The room was alright. I was expecting more for this price and for this hotel.

The shower curtain was not working at all. it only cover middle part of the bathtub. The shower bar wasn't screw in tightly. so, the entire metal bar was half hanging there.
But since It was already 2AM in the morning and I only stayed 1 night, so I didnt bother to call the front desk and have they fixed.

Overall, I wouldn't pay $100/per night for this place anymore.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Polka H
CrisB12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

I notice from yur profile that you live locally, so had not traveled far. I wish you had taken a minute to contact the Front Desk. Given the opportunity I am positive they would have gone the extra mile to provide you with the excellent service you were looking for.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while visiting family, and we couldn't have made a better decision. We arrived before check-in and the lady at the front desk let us switch rooms to check-in early. Which was awesome because we had been driving for a long time. She was beyond excellent and so were all the staff we encountered!!
The breakfast was nice. Eggs, sausage, pancakes, bagels, toast, coffee, and most other thing that come with continental breakfast.
The pool area was clean and relaxing. It's surrounded by the hotel rooms, so you have no street view.
There is plenty to eat around this hotel room! We had no problems in that area.
Malibu beach and LAX are a 35-40 minute drive from this hotel.

I would recommend this to anyone!!!

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that our Front Desk Representative was able to accomodate your early check in. The staff here tries extremely hard to make every stay an excellent experience and I appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge their hard work. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

The room was clean and dated. The sheets had rips in them. No towels for the pool you have to use the same towels at the pool and the bathroom. The towels are grey and old and thread bare. They offer complimentary toothbrush and when I requested one she said they were out she would have the maid bring it to me...I had to go and buy one...I never saw it, If they don't want to give you a toothbrush they shouldn't have a placard in the room offering you one. Or be honest and tell me to go buy one. I am not very picky...but I will probably stay at another hotel in SImi Valley next time. And don't believe how the professional pictures look....

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor...It sounds like everyone is stomping in boots when they walk above...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay. We do indeed offer complimentary toothbrushes and I apologize if you did not receive yours. I am happy that you were satisfied with the cleanliness in your room and hope that you will return so that we can provide you with the level of customer service that you deserve. Thank you for staying with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Simi Valley
Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley
Best Western Plus Thousand Oaks Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks

Been to Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley? Share your experiences!