“Needs to be cleaned”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The hotel is comfortable and has everything one needs in order to function while away from home. The free Wi-Fi is great as well. The staff is friendly and helpful, and for the most part, our stay was pleasant.

My only complaint with this property is the stench of smoke that exists in the hallway of at least the third floor. I don't know why a non-smoking hotel would reek as this one does, but a thorough cleaning and deodorizing is long overdue. I'm a non-smoker and was traveling with small children who continually complained about the smell. The odor was so strong that my asthma and allergies went crazy every time I stepped out of the stairwell.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Elyse H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Elyse - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry that we did not properly communicate that the third floor includes both smoking and non-smoking rooms. This is an oversight on our part, one which I am working with the entire staff to correct so a situation like yours does not happen again. Still, I am happy to read that you enjoyed the free WiFi we offer and found our staff to be helpful as well as friendly.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sfs@extendedstay.com.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I just wanted to comment on the redecorating job, love it! The staff there is so good, very helpful, just a cool place to spend your time when you're away from home because it feels so much like home. Good job Verica Weikal, Christine, and Norman

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Gmakgon

Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that our staff was able to provide you with a "home away from home" experience. I am very excited to share this comment with the entire team, especially Christine, Norman and Verica.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon and please do not hesitate to call if you have any future needs.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Lovely building, rooms and amenities. Excellent staff. Grab and go breakfast left something to be desired but was adequate. Very quiet and comfortable. Also very close to the freeway and other businesses. I was uncomfy in the bed during the night but I think that was from my days experience, the bed seemed comfortable enough.

Room Tip: Rooms on bottom floor were supposedly for people with pets and there were people with pets there, bu...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marie S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Marie - Thank you for your review of our property. I'm glad that you were pleased with our staff and enjoyed your stay with us. We will keep your feedback in mind as we work to improve our grab and go breakfast offerings.

Looking forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

As with all hotels, check everything upon arriving. Check toilets, bedding, towels, etc. Do a walk through. I was disappointed about the dirty toilet when I arrived however the problem was quickly and politely remedied. I was given a different room immediately. Overall, once this was taken care of I had no problems. I was able to do business via internet, cook and I slept well. Safe, Convenient, Relaxing Location.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CG747
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. I am very happy to read that the staff was attentive to your needs, you enjoyed our free WiFi internet and you were able to relax during your stay with us. Still, we are disappointed that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Since we pride ourselves on cleanliness, it was saddening to read that you chose to change rooms due to a dirty toilet.

Please know that our rooms are cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout then inspected by a manager. Judging by your experience it appears that our system broke down somewhere along the line. We will coach our staff to do better job in the future.

Once again, our sincere apologies and please do not hesitate to call if you have any further comments or questions.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed here on the spur of the moment in early March. I had to pay extra for early checkin... 8am, but that was far better than being denied check-in until the afternoon.

The room was comfortable and spacious, the bed fine as well. I am not a huge fan of the 20th century bedspread when other hotels use a different kind of setup almost like a duvet which seems like it is washed with the rest of the linen. I probably watched too many CSI shows that illuminated the disgusting human organic material left on bedspreads in hotels.

The bathroom was fine. I didn't use the kitchen as this was a one nighter and I was busy all but the hours of sleep time I got there.

The thing I remember most about the place was its lack of hair dryer. I looked all around and could not locate a hair dryer. Maybe I missed one but I haven't been to a hotel without a hairdryer in decades.

Staff was friendly and helpful with a little glitch I had... cheerful and sunny.

I will stay here again due to its location and price, but do I need to pack a hair dryer?

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank gotmywings6
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

We received a copy of your review and wanted to thank you for taking the time out of your day to let us know about your stay. I'm thrilled that the staff was friendly and helpful. We do offer hairdryers at the hotel. They are available at the front desk upon request. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Simi Valley.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

ESA in Simi is a pleasant stay for me. I was on a business project proposal stayed there for 2 months and I never ever thought out of place.
Friendly staff, lovely environment, limited but very good facilities which made me assure the value for money that I was getting out of it.
Just newly painted on the exterior this hotel is no different than any other High rated places to stay in America.

Loved it !

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your stay with us. We're thrilled you found our associates to be friendly and a great value. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Simi Valley.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is a transformed hotel and what a job they did! It used to be a shabby little place for the local homeless to stay. I heard it had been updated and since I enjoy the brand I decided to give it a try. Wow, I was completely thrilled. The staff is so caring and efficient. They were very welcoming and I felt like they really did care about how my visit was! The rooms and common areas are immaculate. Great job to all!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank BDogLong
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time write such a fantastic review abou your stay and most importantly the level of service that was provided by our associates. We're thrilled that you had a great stay with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Simi Valley.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Simi Valley
Staybridge Suites Chatsworth
#134 of 357 in Los Angeles
Good Nite Inn - Calabasas
#3 of 3 in Calabasas

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley? Share your experiences!