“Pleasantly Surprised!”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Riverside, California
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We came here for a wedding at the Humming Bird Nest Ranch and stayed for two nights. I chose to have the suite on third floor with a king sized bed. There was a TV in both room areas and a nice kitchen with a full sized fridge! This made it great because we could prepare some meals there instead of eating out every meal. Everything was clean, with a large closet and a large bathroom. We loved it, absolutely zero complaints. Would highly recommend and if I ever have to be in the area, would love to stay at again. They were so professional and accommodating at check in and even allowed us to check in earlier than the designated time for purposes of getting ready for the wedding. Great staff, clean rooms and very nice breakfast.
Highly recommend!!

J

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jeffrey S
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Simi Valley. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any way.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This hotel was perfectly fine. Easy access from the highway, clean room, quiet. The front desk staff was friendly, and the kitchen was in working order, although the sink backed up the last morning. The only comment is that the beds are very hard, which is good for some people, bad for others.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TCWoods
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Simi Valley. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. It was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable due to our beds.

We understand that you have many hotel options, so we strive to set ourselves apart from the competition by offering clean, comfortable suites at an affordable price. We know that a comfortable bed is our guest's most valued amenity which is why we are in process of updating our bedding. Although our company regularly invests in bedding upgrades, to respond to customer preferences, we need to keep getting feedback like yours in order to steer us in the right direction. I assure you that my hotel and all Extended Stay Hotels will continue to invest in our guest's comfort.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if you are in our area.
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This was our first stay at this hotel and it will be our last. The hallway outside our room smelled bad. Our room looked like the floor had not been vacuumed and there was a foul smell in the kitchen. When I went to take a bath, there was caked on soap on the side of the bathtub with someone else's public hair in it (GROSS!!).

Room Tip: Don't bother.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CalypsoCat67
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Simi Valley. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept our most sincere apologies.

Our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room condition you describe is totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy. Our only regret is that we did not have the opportunity to resolve the issues while you were at the hotel and only heard about it after check out.

I apologize again, and am grateful to have had the chance to do so via phone with you as well. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Simi Valley hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Very friendly staff! They will accomodate most situations and allow check-in time to fit your circumstances. Ive stayed at this hotel numerous of times this past year alone for business related purposes and I will recommend this hotel to anyone looking for temporary/short-term lodging. I felt at home each and every time I have visited with the amenites they have to offer and friendly employees. I am amazed at the customer service at the front desk-Carla, Verica (Mgr), Ashe, and Norman are outstandingly great to all the residents and very approachable in manner!!!! They are my favorite!! Unfortunately, the housekeeping staff are not bilingual however if there was anything I needed they would try their best to assist me or direct me in the right direction for further assistance. Maintenance are VERY prompt at responding to calls and services I have never waited more than 30 minutes for a non urgent call. Lastly, I felt secure! There are a FEW places in Los Angeles that I have felt comfortable, at ease, peaceful, and relaxing--this place of residence Ive have to say is would be number one at fufilling my needs. If you need a place to visit while you are in town, go there...YOU WILL FEEL LIKE HOME!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear that you choose our hotel as your number 1 home away from home and that you will recommend us to others. Part of our service is to thank every guest that gives us a review, so please know that we are very grateful to you for taking the time to post such a great review. We hope to see you again soon.
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I've never stayed at an Extended Stay hotel and wasn't sure what to expect. The front desk staff makes this hotel!!! Great people from check in to check out. My room was spotless, quiet and very nice. It's location is extremely convenient. It's right by a few places to eat and freeway access is right there. Would recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emma P
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post such a sparkling review of our hotel! We pride ourselves on great customer service and its always nice to hear it from you, our valued guest. Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed there for 3 nights over Veteran's Day weekend. I was hesitant because of it being an extended stay. Once inside I was amazed how clean and nicely decorated the lobby area was. Very helpful and friendly at the front desk. When we got to the room it was great. Very clean - freshly painted - everything neat and in place - the kitchen area was more that we needed but was so nice to have a full size fridge and sink available.
In the corner was an area to hang clothes and also had a few shelves . Nice feature it had a curtain that could be drawn to cover the area. Windows opened which was great with the cooler weather. Bathroom was very clean. The only negative was there are no ice machines. The freezer had 2 trays but not doable for me. Easy fix--gas station right around the corner bought a bag of ice. In the morning they have coffee in the lobby along with a minimal amount of fruit and granola bars - also oatmeal is available. It's their to go breakfast which was fine. All in all no problems - quiet at night - felt very comfortable there. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are indeed delighted to have surpassed your expectations and are pleased to know that based upon your experience this time, you will be likely to choose Extended Stay Hotels in the future.
Our newly upgraded hotel rooms offer truly great value as you had noticed. Reviews like yours are the best advertisements for our hotels!
We value guest comments greatly and know that honest feedback is what helps us improve upon our service and standards for future guests. We do hope to host you at our location again. Thanks again.
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Extended Stay America is a very nice hotel! Very clean rooms, free internet, continental breakfast with best coffee in town! Staff is fantastic, particularly Kellee. We were in town for a family funeral and hotel was full, no rooms but the general manager, Verica, managed to keep our rooms close to each other which made it so much easier given the circumstances.
Great team and great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to make such great comments. I am thrilled to hear that the staff took great care of you and also that you loved the coffee! We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area. Thanks for choosing Extended Stay Hotels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Simi Valley
Palm Garden Hotel
Palm Garden Hotel
#2 of 9 in Thousand Oaks
Best Western Plus Thousand Oaks Inn

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley? Share your experiences!