“i'll come back again.”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I always wanted to try Extended Stay America, so I did this time when my boyfriend came to visit me. The location is really convenient, right off at freeway exist. (the noise level is minimum, no freeway traffic noise when you are in the room)
The service was great. they always seem a little busy but every staff is always so helpful. special thanks to Kristin. she helped us alot.
The room is clean and no weird smell. I was worry the room would smell all nasty and oily because they have a mini kitchen in the room, fortunately, it doesnt.
The bathroom is big. big space between mirror and toilet and shower area. :)
The bed is comfortable. (I wish the blanket could be a little bit thicker... not sure it is cuz its summer season, so they switch to a thinner blanket or something..)
1 dining table and 1 office table and 1 chair each for each table. plenty office space.

I wouldnt come back here for the regular room price, I got this room on promo price and it was an excellent deal! :)

Overall, looking forward to come back here.

Room Tip: They dont have hair dryer in the room, remember to ask for one from the front desk! :) The heater...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Polka H
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish a review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Simi Valley. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests like you. As you know, our fully renovated unique suites are designed with your comfort in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, continental breakfast, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

My experience during our stay was horrible. Upon check-in was told they served breakfast in the morning between 6:00-9:00. Showed up in the lobby and the coffee was the highlight at best. Don't tell guests there is breakfast if you put out breakfast snacks. Checked in on July 18th. Smelled something burning on July 20th in the morning. It appeared to be the A/C. Unplugged the unit and notified the front desk. They told me maintenance had the day off, but they would call. Coming back to the room that afternoon, no A/C, no maintenance, no word and no offer to change rooms. Same thing happened again on July 30th. Burning smell in the A/C. Mentioned this again upon checkout on July 31st. No apology, no offer of compensation, she just took down the room number. If they didn't care, why should I. We will never again stay at any one of the Exteneded Stay properties. Many more perks and service from other hotel chains.

Room Tip: We will never again stay at any one of the Exteneded Stay properties. Many more perks and service f...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RetChief
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read about your experience. Please accept our most sincere apologies.

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate.

I would also like to respond to your comments about the breakfast offered onsite. In the morning, we have a "grab and go" meal which consists of coffee, oatmeal, fresh fruits, muffins, breakfast bars etc . I am sorry if the way this was explained was misleading; we will be sure to rectify this miscommunication with our guests in the future.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. I hope you will give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

i have a well trained pitbull and their sister hotel would not allow my baby cause they had a bad experience with someone who could not handle their dog. We talked to the manger @ Simi Valley Extended Stay, and she welcome us with open arms ( without knowledge of the issue with the sister store) She even went as far as to get some treats at the front desk for ppl with their pets.i am happy and will use Extended StayAmerica in oct when we go back to universal studios. the only bad thing is its 30-35 min from the park.Good help is so hard to find....lol BIG THANK YOU to the manager Mrs. Verickal ( i think, im bad with names.)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Organix F
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Simi Valley. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate and a home away from home for their pets as well.

We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you and your pitbull again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

The manager and the counter staff at this location understand the value of service, listening to the needs of the Guest and anticipating and exceeding expectations in an amazingly surprising and warm manner. I was moved by their commitment to us as guests across the board.

Room Tip: The suite delivers with loads of extra space!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Staff get an A+,
clean, gr8 location, and you can cook your own food in the studio apt? will stay here again.
central to all of our LA destinations.. and about 30 minutes or less away from all. nothing bad

Room Tip: shop online for best prices. I paid $0.40 on the dollar to stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Strasburg_Allen
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Simi Valley. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. It is very rewarding when the staff receive an A+ from guests like yourself. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Reviewed June 13, 2012

I have stayed at the extended stay many times and my stay at this particualar simi valley location was incredible. The service and management sre so professional and kind. They treated me and my family as we were family. Mrs Verickal (Manager) is so kind and considerate. I do recommend extended stay and most definitely staying at the simi valley location. EXCELLENT !

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Kraig E
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Thank you so very much for your review of Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Simi Valley. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed May 19, 2012

We asked for non-smoking, and the room was supposed to have been, but it REEKED. So we asked to be moved and were. Then the advertised in-room Wifi never worked during the entire stay, despite efforts of the staff. (We travel a LOT and always use the hotel Wifi. This is the only time we've ever had a problem.) It was relatively noisy, and apparently they have feather pillows, judging by the loose feather pillows in both rooms. Not great for allergies. Finally, the 'grab-n-go' breakfast was horrible. Their advertising shows fresh fruit and pastries. Instead, there was a basket of tired-looking apples and packaged cereal bars and muffins. The choices in the vending machines were better.

The only points are for the staff who were unfailingly nice and patient.

My main issue was with the first room. Apparently housekeeping had not reported the problem or handled it appropriately.

The hotel was in the right location, but that was all it had going for it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lkcollins75

Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. We continuously challenge our staff to improve the experience of our guests. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Simi Valley
Grand Vista Hotel
#4 of 6 in Simi Valley
North San Fernando Valley
Radisson Hotel Chatsworth
Radisson Hotel Chatsworth
#55 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley? Share your experiences!