“New .. HOWEVER”

Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Reviewed April 7, 2007

We stayed March 30- April 2.. 4 nights . The front desk greeting was Exceptional! Thank You... Our room view, was of a neon "Walmart "sign. The room itself was fresh & clean. The bed marginal and the the Q-tip left on the shelf next to coffee maker., by a previous quest was well... just gross! The maid service was hit or miss. The bed was always made up.. but towels soap and fresh glasses were a gamble. One evening I had to go down to the desk to ask for a washcloth We were also staying at the same time, a very young female soccer team was taking over the building. The halls and rooms are not at all sound redardant. Lots of slamming doors and loud voices . Chaos in the pool , hall, elevator. Cell phone conversations late at night heard from the hall, again a lack of sound proofing ( A few I wish I had not heard). I have always chosen Marriott properties when I travel.. I promised my Grandfather I would. I will continue to.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank sunkistArizona

Reviewed January 23, 2007

We thoroughly enjoyed a two-night getaway at this hotel in Simi Valley, taking advantage of their weekend rate on Saturday and Sunday nights. We drove to the area to visit the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum (3 miles away) and were not disappointed with the museum or the hotel. This relatively new hotel is great for guests traveling for business or leisure.

Our king room on the fourth floor was clean, and everything worked. The furnishings included a small refrigerator and a sofa. The bed, with five pillows and a soft mattress, was comfortable. The desk had a pull-out table on rollers under the desk's working area. Several lamps in the room had built-in electrical outlets, eliminating the dreaded search for wall outlets.

We appreciated the convenience of the attractive dining room next to the lobby, where they serve a buffet breakfast (continental $6.95, full $10.95). We chose the continental, which included cold cereals, oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt, pastries, orange juice, milk (including non-fat milk), and coffee. The full breakfast for $10.95 offered several additional hot dishes, such as omelets, waffles, potatoes, and sausage.

A couple of negatives: The room doors with metal closing devices were noisy. We also felt that the towels were rough and not as plush as they should be for this category of hotel.

Overall, this is a good place to stay, and we would recommend the hotel to friends.

Stayed: January 2007
2  Thank DaveAndBetty
Reviewed August 19, 2006

Just returned from an overnight stay at the Courtyard Marriott in Simi Valley ($124/night). After having grown up in Ventura County, I knew that many of the hotels in Simi had been around for a while, and was concerned about getting a run-down room.

After doing some research, I chose the Courtyard Marriott because it is relatively new and because I had seen excellent reviews of this hotel on tripadvisor.

The reviews were right on. The room in this hotel was spotless and new. The King bed was very comfortable. The shower was great.

A breakfast buffet is available in the lobby restaurant for $9.95, but we did not partake; however, it did smell great.

We were very pleased with this hotel and would definitely stay there again. A bonus is that the new Simi Valley Town Center isn't far away. There is also a Marie Callendar's and Chili's across the street.

5  Thank tamasutra
Reviewed July 24, 2006

My wife and I were married in Simi Valley, but our flight didn't leave until the day after our wedding. We stayed at the Courtyard and had the best stay. We have since tried some of the older hotels around town as we have been back to visit family, and they don't even compare! The Courtyards service is far and away better than the competition. The rooms were very comfortable, almost felt like home. We'll definately be back!

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank xcheck
Reviewed March 26, 2006

I just returned from a three-day stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Simi Valley, California. I must say, I was rather impressed by this new hotel (younger than 1yr old) and it's outstanding location. This hotel is located right off of the freeway, making access no trouble at all. There is no sound from the highway to interrupt your stay as well.

The guest rooms include amenities such as free high speed internet access, a pool, and spa rooms with jacuzzi tubs for an additional cost. Within walking distance from this establishment, you will find restaurants varying from fast food (open 24 hrs) as well as more leisure eateries (Applebees right in front of the hotel in the same parking lot complex). Also, for those of you who have shopping on the mind, there is a Wal-Mart for those items you may have forgotten to pack as well as the new Simi Valley Town Center (mall) one exit down the 118. Less than a five minute drive.

This hotel does have one fault... the dining atmosphere. While it does include a bar, just as you step inside, it also provides vending for snacks, fruit, etc... but does not offer a full service restaurant on it's own premises or room service. I think even adding light room service for nightcaps might be a nice touch.

All in all, this the Courtyard is definately the only tolerable place to stay while in Simi, believe me, you can read the reviews for yourself on the other places... Will definately be staying at this hotel again when visiting in California.

• Stayed: March 2006
9  Thank Eriyanna
A TripAdvisor Member
Simi Valley, CA
Reviewed March 25, 2006

Spacious and clean rooms, a decent location by a shopping centre if you're into that kind of thing, and no issues to report. The staff was friendly, and one of them even brought me my jacket after I checked out and realised I had forgotten it in the room, having already turned in the keys.

A tad pricy for the incredible tourist destination of Simi Valley (sarcasm), but a good experience nonetheless.

• Stayed: March 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 19, 2005

My wife and I stayed here three days while visiting our daughter at California Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks, about 7 miles away. We have stayed at a number of hotels over the past 4 years, and this one by far has been the best. Even though we used "Marriott Reward" points for our stay, we did not see any difference in the room location or cleanliness. It was close to the freeway, but not close enough to hear the traffic, there was a choice of several restaurants within walking distance (only down side for us, is they were chain restaurants) and other services were very close. This will be our hotel of choice when we return to that area.

Stayed: October 2005
Hyatt Regency Westlake
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village
Homewood Suites by Hilton Agoura Hills
Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks

Been to Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley? Share your experiences!