Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Best Western Posada Royale Hotel & Suites(Simi Valley)(Great Value!)
$117
$110
Motel 6 Simi Valley(Simi Valley)
$90
  • Pool
Grand Vista Hotel(Simi Valley)
$90
$87
Hotels.com
$109
$118
Travelocity
Radisson Hotel Chatsworth(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$150
Staybridge Suites Chatsworth(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$148
Staybridge.com
$116
Ramada Chatsworth(Los Angeles)
$111
$101
$98
All reviewsreagan librarypanda expresscourtyard propertiesbistro stafftypical courtyardfront desknice hotelconvenient locationwould definitely stay here againjw marriottclose proximityfire pitice machinewi ficomfortable roomsminute drivethe breakfast area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 5, 2008

As a Marriott timeshare owner, I tend to stay at Marriott's and utilize the points in the Rewards program. I used some points for this stay and had a great experience.We stayed over only one night, as we were in town for the Dodgers Playoff game Saturday 10/4. It's not that close to LA, about 29 miles to Dodgers Stadium, but with a special only using 10,000 points it was a great choice. Besides, we planned on visiting Western Bagel, a great place open 24 hours in Van Nuys after the game, so we were coming this way sort of anyway. It's only 13 miles from Western Bagel. Check-in was easy, the gentleman had the cards ready in seconds, and off to the 4th floor, room 405. We always request top floors. Got a 2 doubles room with a comfy chair and desk set up. The place seemed new. No funny smells, the carpets were spotless. The room was spotless, and the place felt great. The pool was small but very nice. Parking was great, everything was perfect. I would stay here in a heartbeat if needed. Can't miss!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Johnny V
Reviewed April 9, 2008

Great stay for 2 nights. Very friendly and curteous front desk. Room was clean! Baseboards were clean, no corner grime in the bathroom, tile clean, carpet clean! Mini fridge was perfect. Free coffee in lobby was quite good. We were checking out on Sunday and I asked for a 1 hour delay. I was told that sports team groups usually cannot get late checkout. When I asked if I could have the courtesy because I was a Marriott's Rewards customer, I was told 'yes'. We were not bothered by any noise, as I had read in a previous post.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank sandviper747
Reviewed March 25, 2008

I travel weekly and am a bit frugal but not cheap. The Courtyard is a very nice property, fairly new, nice rooms with comfortable furnishings. The property is close to an applebees and a chilis and next door to Walmart (ick) and Costco.
There was really nothing wrong with the room and it was extremely comfortable and modern. The price ($160) however did not include breakfast even though I have spent much less and received a larger room and a meal in several other properties in the LA area. The rooms while not tiny are kind of on the smallish side.
There are no other real options in the area which is why they can charge more I suppose, but value wise it was not a good deal.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank PHXTrainer
Reviewed June 15, 2007

My husband and I brought our two kids to Simi Valley for a family event and stayed two nights at the Courtyard. Based on past stays at other Courtyards, and a horrendous stay at the Grand Vista (another Simi Valley hotel), we were not expecting much. However, we were quite pleasantly surprised! In no way is this a luxury hotel - there is no bell service, no room service, no valet parking, no gift shop or the like. But for what it is, it was really as good as it could have been.

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was spotlessly clean, very new looking, and the room size was quite comfortable. The bed was plush but a little too soft for me. Nice bedding, though. The toiletries were Bath & Body Works - not bad. Our rooms overlooked the pool, which got a bit noisy with loud kids outside at night - but the pool closes at 10 so it was quiet by the time I went to bed. Next to the pool is Wal-Mart - not a lovely view, but convenient when you have two kids and need to stop somewhere for all the baby necessities. The new Simi Valley Center is a few minutes down 118 and has some good dining options, your standard mall shopping, and a play area and train to keep the kids happy.

I do agree with previous reviewers who say the walls are thin. We had connecting rooms, and when in one room, I could hear my one year old son loud and clear when he cried in the other room. Luckily we were at the end of the hall so hopefully it did not disturb others, but I would not have been happy had our neighbors been so loud.

Breakfast was included in our rate and was better than I expected. It was a smallish buffet, but included all the basics (even make your own belgian waffles), and omelets were made to order, which was nice.

We had no problem with housekeeping - the room was made up when we returned in the afternoon and we had plenty of fresh toiletries and towels.

The bathroom is your standard small, one room hotel bathroom - one sink and a shower/tub combo. Water pressure for the shower was great, and I appreciate the curved shower rod which gives a little more room to shower without touching the shower curtain liner.

Overall, a very nice stay with no complaints. There are no other remotely decent options in Simi Valley, so even though it seemed a bit overpriced (we paid $124 a night), we'll stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank mrswh
Reviewed April 7, 2007

We stayed March 30- April 2.. 4 nights . The front desk greeting was Exceptional! Thank You... Our room view, was of a neon "Walmart "sign. The room itself was fresh & clean. The bed marginal and the the Q-tip left on the shelf next to coffee maker., by a previous quest was well... just gross! The maid service was hit or miss. The bed was always made up.. but towels soap and fresh glasses were a gamble. One evening I had to go down to the desk to ask for a washcloth We were also staying at the same time, a very young female soccer team was taking over the building. The halls and rooms are not at all sound redardant. Lots of slamming doors and loud voices . Chaos in the pool , hall, elevator. Cell phone conversations late at night heard from the hall, again a lack of sound proofing ( A few I wish I had not heard). I have always chosen Marriott properties when I travel.. I promised my Grandfather I would. I will continue to.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple