“Good nights sleep in California”

Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Our first visit to the Simi Valley area was a pleasant one, especially our stay at the Marriott. Our arrival was handled very efficiently and the staff was friendly and helpful. We arrived about 8:30 pm and staff informed us of the local restaurants available at that hour.
I had requested a roll away bed for our granddaughter (2 yrs old) and to our surprise we had two queen size beds and a pullout couch. Everyone had plenty of room and comfortable sleeping.
My only disappointment was the lack of extra towels that I had requested during my reservation process. A call to the front desk had a Housekeeper at our door in less than 5 minutes with extra towels, an apology and asking if there was anything else she could do for us.
The available eating establishments in the immediate area is good. The in-house Bistro is rather expensive and we chose to eat elsewhere.
Overall a very pleasant stay and good service. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: When you arrive in the area, the hotel sits in shopping center. Look for it, small sign. If you make...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank DennisA1153
Wendy M, General Manager at Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Mr. DennisA1153,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to Simi Valley. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our great location and even more so our associates. Our goal is to provide personalized unique experiences and it sounds like we were able to do so. Thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I've stayed here twice and like staying here. The surroundings are nice, the staff is very friendly and they even have a small work out room. I would give it a 5 if it weren't for hearing the doors of the other rooms close. They really should do something so the doors don't close so loudly. It also looked like they had patched the shower poorly. It wasn't leaking but whomever did the job did a poor job and it just didn't fit with the niceness of the rest of the hotel. There was also a tile spacer on the floor that was showing and needed to be caulked.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Ms. Toni M.,
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We take our guest satisfaction seriously and I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team as an opportunity to improve our hotel for you and all our future guests. Again thank you for your feedback; we hope that you will stay with us again next time you travel to Simi Valley.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

This was our first time staying here. We visit Simi every year, and plan to stay here from now on! First of all, Alan at the front desk is the best! I wish all hotels had an Alan! He will go out of his way for you for whatever you need! And he is SO friendly! Hope he's still there next year when we visit!

The room was very nice and spacious. We are a family of 5, and we weren't falling all over each other in the room. It was also very clean.

The Bistro was nice. Great food and great service!

We loved the pool/spa area as well.

And for us, location is always everything. This was located just right for where we needed to be. Great prices as well!

I definitely give this hotel 5 stars!!

Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer P
Wendy M, General Manager at Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Ms. Jennifer P.
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed our guest rooms and the Bistro Cafe. We are pleased to hear when you travel back to Simi Valley you will stay with us again.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Our Four Seasons Tour group of 28 were booked into this Courtyard for two nights, April 3rd and 4th. Our rooms on the second floor were close to the ice and soda vending machines, and the hallway noise was quite terrific, but by 11 p.m., the hallways were quite. Not so on April 4th. Around midnight I heard a lot of yelling and door slamming. When I looked out I saw a drunken bride careening down the hall. I asked her to be quiet, and was informed, "This is a wedding. We can make as much noise as we want." Finally around 2 a.m. I went to the lobby to use the intenet. There the revelers had taken over every available space. They were singing, yelling and two were playing the guitar. Wedding guests who were not hotel guests then began to arrive in cars. Several took the elevator to the second floor to use the vending machines and began to roam up and down the corridor. I complained to the sleepy night clerk and got no response. Where was the security personel to protect the hotel guests? There were none. Finally, shortly after 3:30 a.m., the party came to a halt. This was great because we had to be up at 6 a.m.. The next morning we complained to the desk staff. They apologized, but could not do anything further. When I asked to speak with the manager, I was told she was off for the weekend. When our tour group arrived back in Wilmington, Delawaare, I wrote to the manager, Ms. Weiss. As of April 18th, she has not answered my letter. If possible, avoid this hotel. I have stayed in other Courtyard facilities, but I have never received such poor service.

Room Tip: Before booking a room, inquiry if a convention or a wedding has been booked for the time of your sta...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Wendy M, General Manager at Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Ms. Marla14,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments regarding your experience with the Courtyard Simi Valley.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the terrible noise disturbance caused by a wedding group here while you were touring one of our local attrations. We take great pride in ensuring our guest's satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your - or our own expections. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we may ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. The hotel always has a manager on duty and I have spoken with this individual about how to handle this type of noise disturbance in the future.

Thank you for staying with us and helping to improve our guest service delivery. Without your valuable input, we may no have realized the opportunity for improvement. Thank you again and we hope you give us another opportunity to serve you next time you are in our area.

Courtyard Simi Valley
805-915-5000

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I am not sure when this hotel became a Marriott. However, this hotel generally fails to meet the experience I have become accustomed to. The staff is young and inexperienced. When I asked for a lime for my Corona beer the server asked me, "Is that the yellow one or the green one?"
My mother was with me and ordered a glass of wine, before she was finished with her glass the server took the glass. Everyone was friendly and welcoming, but very inexperienced. The rooms were in good condition and clean. Housekeeping was on the mark and very good. I left a big tip.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JD3213
Wendy M, General Manager at Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear JED3213,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies that your guest experience was not what you would expect when staying at Marriott branded hotel. We take our guest satisfaction seriously. I will share your comments with our staff in the Bistro Cafe as a training opportunity to improve their service delivery and hospitality skills; unfortunately the staff member in question is not the best fit for the PM shift and a change will be made very soon. I hope that you will give us a second chance to show you we can provide exceptional Marriott hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Wendy McAfee and her staff does a great job! Hotel is very clean and comfortable. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Courtyard is in a good location to access, the beach, shopping and restaurants. We had a great time and can't wait to visit again.

Room Tip: Our room over looked the pool. Plenty of morning sunshine.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Wendy M, General Manager at Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Ms. Cindy M,

Thank you for your review of our hotel.
Our associates take pride in providing a quality experience to all our guests, so I will be sure to pass your thanks along to them.
Again, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, as we take our guest satisfaction seriously at the Courtyard Simi Valley. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed here for one night just to check it out. The lobby is very nice and offers lots of amenities, a small store, a place to purchase adult beverages until 10:00 pm as well as food and Starbucks if you don't want to leave the premises although there is plenty of food close by, The rooms are an average, decent size with a king bed and a pull out sleeper sofa as well. The rooms are pretty clean and modern. Now for the reason it is just average, first thing I noticed when we were in one of the elevators is that it was a little bit creaky and it only had a temporary operating permit that was a few months old, good thing the hotel is only 3 stories because after that I took the stairs. This is in a parking lot behind a Wal-mart so space was very limited when they built this......I wondered initially how they could possibly have made it a courtyard, Well they did manage, but at many courtyards I have stayed out the outdoor are is rather large and open, this one is small and there were smokers stinking up the place and the fire wasn't going so we didn't get the experience of the Courtyard. The pool is very small, I am assuming this place is not very high volume because at the most you could fit 10 people around the pool. They do also have a Jacuzzi which is disability assistance equipped. The one thing that always worries me at hotels is the possibility of thin walls and loud kids. There were neither here, I also thought that since we were facing the freeway we might get some of their noise, but there was none of that either. It was very quiet and peaceful staying in this location. If I want to get out of the house for the weekend but stay close to home, I'd stay here again. I didn't expect a 5 star hotel from a Marriott in a small town.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Wendy M, General Manager at Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Ms. Mon S,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I really appreciate the time you took to share your comments regarding your stay. I am glad you enjoyed some of the new features of our hotel, the 24 hour Market, our Starbucks located in our Bistro Cafe and our spacious guestrooms with a pull out couch bed. Thank you for informing me that the elevator was creaking, we have a service technician that performs monthly pre-maintenance here at the hotel and I will share with him your comments. To address the expired permit, we had our state inspection performed in January, which we passed and already paid the yearly fees, however we still are waiting to get our new certificate to post. I called last week to discover they never received our approved inspection, it was resent to them and we should get our new permits to display very soon. I do assure you that we are certified and compliant with the annual requirements; my deepest apologies if this caused you an inconvenience during your stay here. The Courtyard Simi Valley is one of the smaller in Southern California with only 97 rooms; our pool area is as large as it could be built for the space permitted. The hotel just recently added the fire pit area; although it is a small area, it is a great addition outdoor space for our guests to enjoy. Thank you for bringing up the smoking issue in these areas. Our goal is to deliver the best guest experience possible. I will share your comments with our team to see what we can do in the future to make this area enjoyable for all our guests. Again, thank you for your review; we hope that you will stay with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Simi Valley
Hyatt Regency Westlake
Hyatt Regency Westlake
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village
Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village

Been to Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley? Share your experiences!