“can't Beat The Value”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Floral Park, New York
“can't Beat The Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

a Great Place To Stay for A Great Price..Very clean rooms...Comfortable bed In large Spacious Room.The Staff are extremely friendly And Helpful..They Alone Make This A Great Place To stay. Lobby Is Nice And Free internet..Great Place For Great Price.

• Stayed August 2013
Wendy M, General Manager at Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding your stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Simi Valley. The staff here welcomes the oppportunity to assist guests any way they can and I am very pleased to hear they were able to be helpful to you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed at this property the first weekend in August 2013. The downstairs lobby/lounge/bistro is decorated very modern - similar to an aLoft. I have stayed in the other properties in Simi, and this is by far the most modern and updated. The bed was very comfortable, the room was spacious - with a seating area for watching the flat screen TV - although it swivels and can be watched from the bed as well. The property has a pool and spa, didn't get the chance to check it out. The bistro is basically a scaled down restaurant - selection is limited. Starbucks coffee is available on site - but not lattes, mochas, etc - just plain coffee - which is good, because the in-room coffee should be skipped! Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rhonda A
Pat F, General Manager at Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
I'm so glad you tried our hotel and had a good stay. Our Bistro serves breakfast and dinner and the menu changes quarterly, so I hope you will see what's new the next time you are in. I apologize that the Starbucks does not have all the choices of a stand-alone store, but please know that we do make lattes, mochas, cappuccinos, and smoothies. Starbucks is available 24/7, so please take advantage of it the next time you are in.
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Nice hotel. Nice lobby. Pool is small and in the shade. Rooms were basic. Nice lobby. Great location. Especially for Reagan library. Nicest in simi valley I think. Others in party stayed at a different hotel and had horrible experience and moved hotels.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Rce7ee
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your time in Simi Valley and took advantage of the pool. We value your comments and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Union, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott for 3 days the end of May, We were very pleased with our room, it was very clean and comfortable, had a nice size bathroom, and we had a small balcony.The staff was very friendly and helpful. Loved the pool and hot tub, and the sitting area with the firepit. Having family in Simi Valley, it was a perfect choice.. Recommend this hotel as it is a great location, visited Santa Barbara, which is so beautiful, and went to the Ronald Regan Library, which is approximately 10 minutes away from the hotel, highly suggest doing the library tour, very informative and interesting to see. I will definately use the Courtyard Marriott on any future trips to Simi Valley.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Pat F, General Manager at Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
We are so glad we got to be your home base while you were visiting family. Spring and Summer are the perfect times to enjoy the Outdoor Fire Pit! Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Tualatin, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Contemporary lobby and well configured rooms. Great home base for visiting Reagan Library, Los Angeles and Santa Barbara. Staff was very accommodating and professional in all respects. I'll stay at this location in future trips to the area.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience. We are glad you had a great stay and were able to enjoy our remodeled lobby and newly renovated rooms. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Seattle Area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

A very typical Courtyard, clean and well layed out room. Air conditionng units are a bit noisy, but work well.
Employees are universally accomodating and helpful.
We did not usethe restaurant facilities, though it looked okay.

Room Tip: Request room with "Walmart" view. Much quitier.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 2Journeyfolks
Thank you for sharing your experience at our Courtyard. We are all so glad you had a great stay and hope next time you will have the chance to try the Bistro. We serve Breakfast and Dinner and update the menu regularly to ensure a changing and interesting selection.
Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was a little bit concerned when the gentleman checking me in said the wrong check out date twice even though we said 2 nights he had the checkout date for the following day. He also did not have my room ready but it was a little before three so I say that one was my fault. He went ahead and checked us in and said I could just stop by and get my keys after 3 PM.

The room was very nice, comfortable beds, mini fridge and close to everything in Simi Valley. If you are going to the Reagan Library this is a great choice in a hotel. The freeway is very close and is a quick trip to Malibu beach and even the tourist traps of LA if you want to do some sight seeing. You will get much more hotel for the price staying in Simi Valley as opposed to one closer to LA. There are some great restaurants near by; we ate at the Elephant Bar which is always a favorite for my family. There is a Wal-Mart located basically in the same drive as the hotel for anything you need or forgot at home. There is even a Starbucks in the lobby but we preferred the locally owned Café Connections that is next door in the shopping center.

The hotel staff was amazing, very well trained and friendly. They would tell you to have a good day as you walked by and even welcome back when you arrived. That incident in check in turned out to be my only knock against the hotel. On the 2nd day we spent the entire day at the beach in Malibu and were tired, hungry and ready to get cleaned up and get something to eat. Our key did not work. So I walked down the hall to use a courtesy phone. The front desk sent a person up pretty quickly so I thought it would be an easy fix. Instead I was asked to show my ID which was buried in a beach bag. I dug it out- I mean safety first this was just security we should be happy about. Instead the guy looked at my ID which is old and I was much fatter in my picture. I thought he was not going to let us in despite the fact that my name was correct. It only took a few minutes but the vibe was bad and it seemed to take much longer. Turns out the dates were entered wrong and the computer had checked us out. Luckily the room (with all our stuff) was not rented. It was embarrassing since people kept walking by and there we are looking like a typical long day of beach play will make one appear. But in the end- No harm no foul.

We would absolutely recommend this hotel just verify your dates at check in!

Room Tip: Verify your dates at check in!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Pat F, General Manager at Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
I am so sorry for the mix up on your dates of stay which resulted in your keys not being programmed correctly. I promise we will all be more diligent in understanding the length of stay, and making keys correctly. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in Simi Valley, and hope we will see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Simi Valley
Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village
Palm Garden Hotel
Palm Garden Hotel
#2 of 9 in Thousand Oaks

Been to Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley? Share your experiences!