“Great choice for Simi Valley”

Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Contemporary lobby and well configured rooms. Great home base for visiting Reagan Library, Los Angeles and Santa Barbara. Staff was very accommodating and professional in all respects. I'll stay at this location in future trips to the area.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Pat F, General Manager at Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience. We are glad you had a great stay and were able to enjoy our remodeled lobby and newly renovated rooms. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

A very typical Courtyard, clean and well layed out room. Air conditionng units are a bit noisy, but work well.
Employees are universally accomodating and helpful.
We did not usethe restaurant facilities, though it looked okay.

Room Tip: Request room with "Walmart" view. Much quitier.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 2Journeyfolks

Thank you for sharing your experience at our Courtyard. We are all so glad you had a great stay and hope next time you will have the chance to try the Bistro. We serve Breakfast and Dinner and update the menu regularly to ensure a changing and interesting selection.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was a little bit concerned when the gentleman checking me in said the wrong check out date twice even though we said 2 nights he had the checkout date for the following day. He also did not have my room ready but it was a little before three so I say that one was my fault. He went ahead and checked us in and said I could just stop by and get my keys after 3 PM.

The room was very nice, comfortable beds, mini fridge and close to everything in Simi Valley. If you are going to the Reagan Library this is a great choice in a hotel. The freeway is very close and is a quick trip to Malibu beach and even the tourist traps of LA if you want to do some sight seeing. You will get much more hotel for the price staying in Simi Valley as opposed to one closer to LA. There are some great restaurants near by; we ate at the Elephant Bar which is always a favorite for my family. There is a Wal-Mart located basically in the same drive as the hotel for anything you need or forgot at home. There is even a Starbucks in the lobby but we preferred the locally owned Café Connections that is next door in the shopping center.

The hotel staff was amazing, very well trained and friendly. They would tell you to have a good day as you walked by and even welcome back when you arrived. That incident in check in turned out to be my only knock against the hotel. On the 2nd day we spent the entire day at the beach in Malibu and were tired, hungry and ready to get cleaned up and get something to eat. Our key did not work. So I walked down the hall to use a courtesy phone. The front desk sent a person up pretty quickly so I thought it would be an easy fix. Instead I was asked to show my ID which was buried in a beach bag. I dug it out- I mean safety first this was just security we should be happy about. Instead the guy looked at my ID which is old and I was much fatter in my picture. I thought he was not going to let us in despite the fact that my name was correct. It only took a few minutes but the vibe was bad and it seemed to take much longer. Turns out the dates were entered wrong and the computer had checked us out. Luckily the room (with all our stuff) was not rented. It was embarrassing since people kept walking by and there we are looking like a typical long day of beach play will make one appear. But in the end- No harm no foul.

We would absolutely recommend this hotel just verify your dates at check in!

Room Tip: Verify your dates at check in!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Pat F, General Manager at Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

I am so sorry for the mix up on your dates of stay which resulted in your keys not being programmed correctly. I promise we will all be more diligent in understanding the length of stay, and making keys correctly. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in Simi Valley, and hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I was part of the Canadian field hockey team described elsewhere here, and will echo the comments of my fellow parent. The facilities are clean and well kept. The staff and the service are exemplary - they went above and beyond in every way. I highly recommend this hotel and will happily stay there in the future.

Room Tip: Not too close to the elevators
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank vanhawk

We are so happy we were able to be part of your tournament weekend. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were a group of 25 (13 - 14 yr old players and the rest, their parents) visiting the area for a Field Hockey Tournament from Vancouver, Canada. We were originally in another Marriott property in Westlake but brushfires in the region forced Marriott to move us to Simi Valley. The change was seamless to us. Moreover, the hotel proved to be more conveniently located than our original Marriott. Our stay at this hotel was perfect. The staff was helpful and accommodating. They went out of our way to ensure our young girls' needs were met at breakfast and throughout the day. The rooms were tidy and well appointed. The cleaning staff was friendly and efficient. Special thanks must be extended to Brittany Friedman, the Sales Coordinator. She was so professional and responsive. I highly recommend this hotel for group, family or individual stays.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. It was such fun to have your group here. Brittany is always ready to help groups.!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I had to stay here for business and they offered to let me have their conference room for free so I could meet with my assistant. The staff was so helpful and the room was very clean. The room was freeway close which made getting there and leaving simple. The coffee shop next door was great an I was in and put of there in five minutes in the morning. The only com was the price. It seemed high for a one night stay in a mid level hotel. Still, I choose Marriott almost every time I travel because I can always count on a clean spacious room with them.

• Stayed: March 2013
Pat F, General Manager at Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. I am so happy you had the opportunity to use our Glass Boardroom which is available to all guests at no charge on a walk up basis, and available to reserve for a small fee. I'm sorry you did not utilize either our Starbucks offerings, or the complimentary coffee provided in the lobby.
Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Great location. Right off of the freeway and located inside a shopping mall. There is a Subway, Panda Express, and a few other restaurants just steps away which was great. The rooms were really nice. Not big, but clean and nicely decorated, and they definitely utilize the space well. The bathroom was surprisingly big and clean as well. Their only knock, a very small one at that, is the fitness center. It's just a small room with 4 machines. But you don't expect a state of the art gym at a Courtyard anyways. Overall, really nice, would highly recommend if staying in Simi.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Pat F, General Manager at Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank youfor taking the time to share your experience. We are glad you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms. Just let us know the next time you are in, and we can arrange a complimentary pass to a local full service fitness facility. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Simi Valley
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village
Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks

Been to Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley? Share your experiences!