“Skip the elephant bar”
Review of Elephant Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Elephant Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Bar, Japanese, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Simi Valley, California
“Skip the elephant bar”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We have been to the elephant bar a few time and haven't been that impressed with the food, prices or service.

• Visited October 2013

Arroyo Grande, California
“Dining with friends”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Went to the restaurant while staying next door at the Best Western. I had eaten at one many years ago, so I was pleasantly surprised by the value for my dollar. Happy hour was great! Only complaint, I spilt my drink and they charged me for a replacement. (I previously owned a bar, and this is unacceptable!!0

• Visited February 2014
Ventura, California
“Plain Food, Large Helpings, Quick Service”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I went on a week night during happy hour and it was lively and a little crowded. This is obviously popular. The clientele was mainly older adults. Service was zippy and worthy of a large tip. The happy hour drinks seemed slightly watered down but came out quickly. I ordered the chicken marsala, which was bland. The sauce tasted like brown gravy and the garlic mashed potatoes had the texture of instant potatoes and not much garlic. Spinach tasted like the way mom used to make it (terrible) - but to be fair, I don't like spinach that much. On the bright side, the size of the side salad, like the dinner, was far more than most could eat. You won't go home hungry. Perhaps other dishes are better but I was not impressed by the one I chose.

• Visited February 2014
sherrard, il
“Nice atmosphere and good food.”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Somewhat upscale from a TGI Fridays or Applebees. Worth a visit
We had a lunch and a dinner, and both were good.

Visited February 2014
God Bless the U.S.A
“Interesting decor, good food & service.”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stayed at the Best Western Posada Royale right next door, so the Elephant Bar was a convenient location for dinner. We enjoyed the safari decor, and our sever was happy and helpful. We had a real mix of food: Chicken Tortilla soup, Chicken tenders, an iceberg wedge salad, and a seared Ahi tuna salad. Everything was very good, and we were especially pleased with how nicely the cooked the Ahi, which can be difficult.

Visited February 2014