“Sake Bomb Special!”

Ken of Japan
Ranked #135 of 270 Restaurants in Simi Valley
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

The food is excellent at Ken of Japan. The only negative is that they are seriously understaffed. But the reason I keep returning to this restaurant is the Sake Bomb Special. $8 buys you a huge beer and a large hot sake, what a great deal! I cannot name another restaurant where you can get that tipsy off of $8. I would recommend the Sapporo with your sake if you haven't tried it before.

There are newer reviews for Ken of Japan

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Love Boat plus all other foods very good. Service is excellent, atmosphere very nice. Sad to move away from Simi and not have this restaurant.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Ambiance is terrific. Cooks right in front of you.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

Place is awesome!!! The people are friendly, food is great, and its fun to watch them cook. I love this place! Come here all the time and am never let down.

1  Thank SimisNiNi
Reviewed January 24, 2010

ok, so my man and i used to go there about once a month. it was honestly my favorite place to eat until last night. i work at a cafe and steak house, i understand it was a busy night, but there was so excuse for this. the service was TERRIBLE! it took a good 20 minutes in the front to find out about the wait, and until somebody shouted out the manager rudely said 45 minutes. we waited anyway because i loved the place. the other couple we were with got their food literally 15 minutes before us and all of the meat was loaded with gristle. when we got our food later it was cold and nasty. my boyfriend and i had a few bites of some things and could not continue. it tasted worse than cheap mall food that night. my favorite was when my boyfriend started telling our server (when she finally checked on us!) the food was cold, and midway talking to her she walked away as if she didnt speak english. when we left we told the manager the food was awful, the server was awful, we hate to complain because we were big fans of the place before, and he and our server was rude and did not comp any of the terrible food we were served. it was the worst dining experience one could ever imagine. DO NOT GO HERE EVER!!!!!!!!!!! trust me. i may have loved it the first 5 times, but because they were so rude and the food was so disgusting,and they did not seem to care, and made us pay top dollar for dirty/cold food, it is not worth the risk to support this disgrace of a food establishment. the end

2  Thank speciallk