“Great for our group of 42 people!”
Review of Sutter's Mill

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sutter's Mill
Reserve with OpenTable
Sutter's Mill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 264 Restaurants in Simi Valley
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Northwest corner of Tapo Canyon And Cochran St.
Description: Casual Dining in a Rustic Steakhouse Atmosphere. Steaks, Seafood and Prime Rib. Full Bar. Banquet Facilities, No Corkage.
Escondido, California
“Great for our group of 42 people!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We arranged with owner Joe to bring our car club to Sutter's Mill for dinner, without having tried it since we are from out of their area. What a wonderful surprise! Wonderful treatment, separate checks at our request and terrific food! The menu is varied in selection and price, which makes it easy to please a crowd. The steaks were great, but especially the cobbler desserts were fabulous! Thank you, Joe, for making our Simi Vally visit special! We will return whenever we are in the area!

• Visited November 2012

Los Angeles, California
“Best steak house in Simi Valley!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This place has awesome food! Granted, the atmosphere is a bit hokie but the food and service are fantastic! Anna and Wendy are by far the best servers there! And the prime rib is the best thing on the menu....lean, thick, and flavorful! We always start off with the bacon wrapped shrimp...spiciest cocktail sauce you'll ever had but so very addicting! Oh, and the bleu cheese dressing...words can't describe how good it is! For dessert, deep-fried cheesecake is a must! Admittedly, I usually share with my husband so I can sample a greater variety but once in awhile I just have to have one of their scrumptious pork chops all to myself! They are happy to let you share entrees and they also let you bring in your own wine without a corkage fee....I was hesitant to review this place because it is the best kept secret around...I've dined here well over 20 times and haven't been disappointed yet. Also fantaastic here are the crab legs, lobster tail, and the burgers (yes, burgers!). Check it out, you will love it (and want to hide it from everybody too!)

• Visited June 2012
Los Angeles
“Terrific restaurant”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I've eaten here dozens of times. The food is excellent, the portions are large, the drinks are top notch and I look forward to going back there whenever the urge for a good steak at a very reasonable price hits me. I've never had a bad meal at this restaurant

• Visited June 2012
Orange, California
“Here's the beef!”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Great steaks, potatoes, and real old time steakhouse. Average service.

Visited February 2012
Los Angeles, California
“This is what a Steakhouse is all about"”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Were faithful customers when located on Sepulveda Blvd., in Mission Hills for over 25 years. Tried Acton but it just wasn't the same somehow. Found them just last year by accident in a neighborhood coupon book and was shocked to know they were in Simi Valley. Although 25 mins. away it is sooo worth it.
The food is consistently great - every time! They recently added the Wedge salad to their menu and actually if you put their bleu cheese dressing on anything it is incredible! We put it on our stuffed baked potatoes sometimes too. Their Signature Steak is everyone in our family's favorite - comes with salad, and choice of potatoe and the steak is always cooked to perfection - think it's 8 oz. of top sirloin center cut and so good. Their ribs are great as is the Hamburger Steak dinner. Those are the only three things we order even after all those years. Dinners like these run under $18.00 per person - can't beat that.
I wish they sold the dressing in the markets but my warning is....it is not lo cal or non fat.
That's why it's so good!!! They also have a full bar for those who like cocktails and wine.

• Visited February 2012