“Best Med food!”
Review of Ali Baba Cafe

Ali Baba Cafe
Ranked #1 of 264 Restaurants in Simi Valley
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Simi Valley, Ca
“Best Med food!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

stopped by there the other day to give it a try and found it to be excellent! Food was fresh, spiced with tons of flavor and the service was good as well! A sure place to try again!

• Visited April 2014

Cairo, Egypt
“Rated #1 for a reason!!!!”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

As a full time resident of the Middle East for almost 20 years, I had my doubts about how this Simi Valley restaurant would compare to restaurants in Cairo or Damascus or Beirut, for example. I was also intrigued by it's rating as the #1 restaurant in Simi Valley, so off we went. Just two blocks from the Best Western on Madera Road you don't even need a car if you are visiting from somewhere else.

The food was spiced just right, and plentiful - I mean each main dish was whopping and could feed two normal human beings easily.

We went twice within a week and both times the quality of food was consistent. I ordered kubbeba - a lovely oval shaped ground meat(ball) with pine nuts inside and covered with bulghar wheat and quickly and delicately fried. PERFECT!! Better than Beirut!!!

The babganoush was enough to feed an army for $5.00 and the pita that came with it fresh and warm. The flavor was again, perfect and delicate.

The ambiance is casual and friendly. The food very reasonably and moderately priced particularly for the quantity, which is enough to feed an army even of big eaters.

Omar is an attentive and amazing waiter. He remembered what we ate the first time we were there, why we were there and where we lived and what we were doing. I couldn't even remember all that. He said the chef was Palestinian and he was Israeli - so I also give kudos to putting aside differences and working for the betterment of humankind and seeing our commonalities - although there was nothing political about the meal or the place at all.

For a great filling and delicious meal that won't break the bank, that you can return to time and time again, I would definitely recommend Ali Baba in Simi Valley.

• Visited April 2014
Boulder, Colorado
“Ate there last night thanks Tripadvisor!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

As the tittle says my coworkers and I ate there last night.
Great food done well.
Knowledgeable and very attentive staff.
Moderately priced, good quality, fresh food.

Three men with... apps + sodas + entrees = under 60.00

I highly recommend it.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Mediteranean food!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We found Ali Baba through Trip Advisor and decided to try it after visiting the nearby Reagan Library. It was an excellent choice. We had the Lamb Shawarma sandwich and the Coconut Curry with Shrimp. The curry had a generous amount of large shrimp and included a delicious salad. The waitress was friendly and the owner was very gracious. After the meal we had fresh Baklava. It was fresh from the oven and melt in your mouth. We could move to California just to be near this restaurant!

Simi Valley, California
“The Best Middle Eastern Restaurant in the Valleys (Simi / Conejo/ San Fernando)”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Ali Baba is a modest family restaurant located on a strip mall in West Simi Valley. It is on Madera Road close to the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library. The food is excellent - quality is very high and consistent. Their dessert "harisa" - a honey coconut cake is yummy. Prices are very affordable and on top of that they have dinner combinations for two ranging between $20-$25 per couple and a family meal that feeds 4-6 for $60. I am a frequent international traveler and know about good food and this is one of my favorite restaurant independently of price. We order something from Ali Baba every week and they had never disappointed us.

The ambiance is more of a diner or cafeteria than a restaurant, so do not expect white linen table cloth on your table. The ambiance / location will not impress your significant other, but the good food will. :-))