“The best in Simi Valley” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ali Baba Cafe

Ali Baba Cafe
Ranked #1 of 260 Restaurants in Simi Valley
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Simi Valley, California
“The best in Simi Valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

I love this place and often go for lunch. They have wonderful soup, great sandwiches and awesome dinners.

Service is great.

• Visited February 2014

“Delicious Mediterranean Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

The waiter was very friendly and helpful. Mathew, I think. All four of us had never been before, and he helped us decide what we might like. We each got a different item, and all of us were very happy with the food and service. Big portions. Took half of it home. Their homemade hummus with that warm pita were soooo good. Don't go if you want fancy atmosphere....do go if you want a delicious meal.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Good place to stop by”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Although the service was good and the food was good I wouldn't say Ali Baba's is "number one" worthy. Yes, like I said the food was good, but that's it. It wasn't anything fantastic, this place in my opinion is just a sandwich joint but mediterranean style.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles
“Great mediterannean food in a strip mall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Took my group of gals in for lunch - 11 of us all together. We had a great welcome from the cooks busy in the open kitchen, our table was ready and the waitress was over and taking drinks orders before we even sat down. The brilliant service continued throughout our stay, including separate checks for everyone.
The lunch special was $8 for a huge plate of food so a lot of the gals opted for that. I decided to buck the trend and go for the Horiatiki (Greek Salad with a lemony dressing and plenty of feta), a couple of crunchy falafel, and the Foul Madamas (fava bean dip which is garlicky goodness). I ordered the small salad and dip but I still had to ask for a take out box. My only negative was they didn't serve pita bread with the dip so I had to eat it with a fork instead. The falafel plate was a huge hit with the gal next to me, especially the hummus. Everything is made from scratch here so you know you are getting the real deal. They don't serve alcohol, but the sodas and iced teas are kept full up to the brim during your visit.
Try this place if you like homemade Mediterranean food in an unpretentious friendly restaurant with a fantastic reputation.

• Visited January 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Pretty good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

This place is a decent place to stop by for a bite. I like the schwarma sandwiches. The chowder is really creamy and a bit different from your typical clam chowder with the seasonings. I liked it. I find I like the food here more when I am starving than when I am hungry at a normal level. Food is a bit salty for me.
Not much in the way of ambience here. It's nicely decorated and clean, but there is always a TV on and people watch game shows there. Good service. Easy parking.

Visited May 2013