“Keep coming back”
Review of Larsen's Grill

Larsen's Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Larsen's Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 271 Restaurants in Simi Valley
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: First Street/Erringer
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Maybe I just like playing safe sometimes but every time I have been here the food is good. Must be my third or fourth visit. Menu is pretty much what you would expect and some would say a bit pricey but a 16oz Rib Eye at $40 ain’t too bad. The wine was expensive but that was probably because of the person I let choose it! I won’t be doing that again. We were a party of 8 and the service was prompt, everything arriving on time. Try the Berry Style Filet – weird but great.

1  Thank David J

Reviewed August 17, 2012

My sister, brother-in-law, mother and I had dinner at Larsen's tonight on my visit to Simi Valley. My mother and I were greeted cordially, and the host made sure she was escorted to our table with her walker. (She is 95.) Our orders were baby back ribs, bone-in ribeye, salmon and swordfish. Beverages included the unsweetened passion fruit tea and the ice tea/lemonade. The server knew the food choices. (She had a tablet computer with pictures of some main dishes.) The steak was top-quality meat grilled exactly as ordered. The blackened swordfish was delicious and well-presented, with mango salsa. The salmon was also properly done with a nice sauce. My mother ordered the baby back ribs. The server carved them so Mom could tuck in and she pronounced them good. I stole two and agreed. We also had broccoli, green beans and grilled asparagus as sides. These appeared to be fresh, not frozen vegetables, cooked correctly and very flavorful. Yes, this food comes at a "price," but that price is what one would expect in a restaurant like this. The place was quiet enough to enable us to converse. The server remained attentive throughout the meal, refilling glasses and asking non-intrusively if there was anything else we wanted. This is a nice night out!

1  Thank Tyger41
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We ate here on a recommendation from our hotel. It was sort of pricey, but the food was very good, and the portion sizes are huge! I had the steak sandwich with avocado and a loaded baked potato, and it was so good. Our waitress was so very friendly and helpful in giving us tips for the area since we were tourists. We ate there on a Sunday night and were seated immediately. The decor of the restaurant is also very lovely.

1  Thank Kacki62
Reviewed June 23, 2012

My husband and I wanted a nice Restaurant to celebrate Father's Day. Larsen's is just that! The restaurant was crowded, but the service was very good. Be prepared to spend a little money. We found the food a little pricey, but definately didn't dissapoint. We had complimentary cheese bread, my husband had the Tri Tip/Rib combo and I had the Spicy Shrimp Jambalaya. The only thing that was wasn't cooked to our liking was the Asparagus my husband had with his dinner. Too al-dente and hard to cut. (stringy) We finished off with great tasting coffee and a New York Cheese cake. I think it's a nice place for a special occassion.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

I have dined at Larsen's twice in the past and vowed to never go back, but my husband & I received a generous gift card so we decided to try it again. We were there about 7:30 p.m. on a Saturday night & we had to wait 10-15 mins for a table, so we were encouraged that the food had improved. To start, we shared the Spicy Tuna Roll and small wedge salad. The Spicy Tuna Roll was the most boring sushi I have ever had and the most expensive as well. The wedge salad was ok, but not impressive. We ordered a CEO & Razzlberry Martini and it took at least 15 minutes to have them delivered to our table. My husband was quite pleased with his martini, but my Razzleberry did not have the muddled strawberries, blueberries or raspberries that it was suppose to or the Pop-rock rim. Worst of all, it tasted like cough syrup. Upon my complaint to the waitress, she informed me that they were out of Pop-rocks & I opted to go for the basic Cosmo instead. A safe bet I figured. It was a disappointment as well and overpriced! It took quite a while for our bone-in filet, grilled shrimp skewer and garlic mashed potatoes to come to the table and it made me wonder how long it had been ready. The potatoes and the shrimp were both cold. Our waitress told us she would make it right and bring out hot potatoes and shrimp. The shrimp and potatoes were warmer, but not what I would call hot. The potatoes had pretty good flavor, but the shrimp had absolutely none. Terrible! This was the worst meal that I can ever remember having. Our waitress wasn't overly friendly or around often, but I do appreciate that she did try to make good on whatever we weren't pleased about. We did not care for the bone-in filet with grilled mushrooms & onions either, but that may be that we prefer the flavor of a regular filet. I cannot believe how much they charge for everything on their menu and the apparent poor quality of it all. We will not go back to Larsen's again, even if we receive more gift cards. A huge disappointment!

4  Thank Love2Travel1632