“HE SIGNED MY DIPLOMAS BUT I HARDLY KNEW THE GUY!!”

Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum
Ranked #1 of 22 things to do in Simi Valley
More attraction details
Owner description: The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum is a must-see Southern California tourist attraction. Walk onboard Air Force One, act in a movie with Ronald Reagan, touch a piece of the Berlin Wall, and so much more.
Fairfield, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“HE SIGNED MY DIPLOMAS BUT I HARDLY KNEW THE GUY!!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Down in SOCAL to Disneyland with the grand kids then off to D Valley And Anza Borego and JT desert parks for trekking, ,bird watching and serious mountain biking...BUT VISITING THE RONALD REAGAN MUSEUM in Simi Valley was the super highlight!! WHAT A COMMUNICATOR!!! The museum is ultra-modern , a true integration of Hollywood visual, historical documents , personal penned notes, great TV footage, ,AND an artfully done journey into the era. Well worth three or more hours when in SOCAL. Just 15 minutes West of I5 on the 118. Filled with charismatic energy, find out what the Cold War was like, walk through his Air Force One, see how/why the USA had a pan continental connection. Learn how a Hollywood actor became the leading actor on the world stage. Good food at the Reagan Pub, get videoed at Your Inauguration, and you can plan your international trip on Air Force One while navigating all of the issues of the day such as "no fuel for you today, my friend". Discover how we as a nation became a super power and how our citizenry prospered under Reagan. Learn about the love story in the White House. Can't wait to go back!!!

1 Thank Cosmo7760

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Louisville, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A History Lesson”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The setting is gorgeous. The exhibits are full of interesting information about the life of this president. Guided tours are available. We especially enjoyed the Air Force One exhibit.

Visited January 2013
castro valley
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Unexpected Surprise- History the kids liked”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We initially came to the Museum for the Disney Archives Exhibit. Who knew the kids would enjoy the museum more?? Which is saying alot because we love Disney and the kids usually do not survive long in museums. This museum of course provides detailed history about Ronald Reagan but it also showcases the time period in which he lived. From the end of the Cold War to the Berlin Wall coming down to the economic struggles at home it was amazing to relive a part of history again. Most exciting was to watch the kids learn about the 80's. My daughter is in 9th grade this year and has studied Russian and German History this year. To see her enthusiasm about wanting a photo next to a true section of the Berlin wall was quite a moment. My son as well who is in 6th grade enjoyed learning about this period and of course loved Air Force One. We were fortunate as well to see a display of Christmas trees representing every decade from 1900 to 2010 - they had fun seeing icons like iPods and video recorders and classic games like Basketball and Football. Very reasonably priced and should you become members it grants you access to all the other Presidential Museums. We will definitely seek these out when in cities that have others. And the view from Simi Vally was a refreshing escape from LA.

Visited January 2013
Apple Valley, Mn
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well worth the visit!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We have long wanted to visit the Library since we hold President Reagan in the highest esteem. The library does a wonderful job of giving visitors an insight into the man he was. Many times tears came to my eyes as I listened and read comments he made or wrote. The library is tastefully laid out and very informative. We are so glad we made the special effort to visit.

Douglasville, Georgia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience for the family”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

First, let me say that I am a republican. Having said that, I believe that anyone would come away from the Reagan Library declaring it to be a wonderful experience. It is child friendly, its very informative, its in a fabulous location, and its incredibly well done. We took the entire family with grandchildren 6, 7. and 9 the week between Christmas and New Years. The drive is easy, and the views are fantastic. When you arrive, you will identify the only problem I am aware of with the facility and that is parking. There is minimal parking at the top of the mountain where the library is located so the overflow is all along the entry drive. Fear not, they have frequent buses to take you to the top of the hill. If you take children, be certain to get them the "Test" when you check in as this keeps them very focused. I highly recommend the audio tour. I promise you that the tour will rekindle memories that you have long since forgotten and you may even experience some very emotional moments. The display area for the boeing 707 Air Force One gives the feeling that you are taking off right across the mountain tops. I guarantee you will enjoy this attraction.

Visited December 2012