“Whatever you may think about Ronnie, Go”

Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum
Ranked #1 of 23 things to do in Simi Valley
More attraction details
Owner description: The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum is a must-see Southern California tourist attraction. Walk onboard Air Force One, act in a movie with Ronald Reagan, touch a piece of the Berlin Wall, and so much more.
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Whatever your politics make sure that you visit the Reagan Library. Exploring Air Force One - how did they fit the plane in the building? - is worth is with the visit. Amazing the history the Reagan and the nation saw during his presidency.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,601)
All reviews
in 39 reviews
"special exhibits"
in 36 reviews

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have wanted to go here on previous visits to the area but never had the time. This time we planned ahead to go. The library is on a hilltop in Simi Valley -- a beautiful setting. We were early enough on a Saturday to get a parking place without a hike up the hill. We decided on purchasing a "founder's pass" for future visits, good for a year. The exhibits are extremely well done and give you a good idea of the measure of the man regardless of your political leanings. There was also a Disney exhibit (extra $6 charge) that was very interesting too. I need some Jelly Bellys...

Reviewed October 1, 2012

A beautiful presidential library which has an air force one to tour, and several other attractions. This is a beautiful site overlooking the valley, with a truly serene atmosphere. I went to here with my dad to hear Chris Christie talk, we ate under air force one! Just a beautiful night. I will always think of the time I spent with my dad here.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I wouldn't have ordinarily chose to visit this, but it was actually very interesting and well done. Really enjoyed getting to see the grandeur of Air Force one and imagine all the Presidents who flew on this plane. Nice views of surrounding area.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We visited the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum as an extended family group consisting of mature adults, young marrieds, and teens. Everyone was interested and learned a great deal. The older ones in the group knew and admired Reagan's life of moral ethics and genuine concern for country and ingenuity in getting things done. The younger crowd came away commenting that they were impressed with the character by which Reagan lived his life. Even if you are not of the same political persuasion as Reagan, the moral fiber and character by which he lived his life was the stuff that makes him a hero. Our young adults made comments that we don't see this kind of moral fiber in many of our leaders today. Their comments, not mine.

As far as the actual museum and library, it was easy to visit, broken down into an easy forum to appreciate, and simple in structure of material. When I made reservations, the agent told me to allow about three hours. That was NOT enough time, We could have easily spent the majority of a day there. The young adults and teens were the ones lingering and wanting to read and experience it all. The site is beautiful, the airplane display magnificent, and Reagan's tomb, simple and peaceful, demanding retrospection. The balance between interactive displays and ones to be read were a proper proportion.

Our family is well traveled having been to all fifty states, almost all the national parks, and several foreign countries. There are a few sites that change you such as the Vietnam Memorial in Washington, D.C. and Gettysburg. I will add the Reagan Library to the handful of sites that changed me and will forever be in my mind as some place valuable that caused growth in my life. My kids said that Reagan's public life, his devotion to Nancy, and his quiet, unselfish manner in which he lived the life that was dealt to him, impressed them. Prior to this visit they really didn't know much about Reagan. They all commented that this is one of the best things we did in California. (They have been to all the National Parks in California and most of the LA, San Francisco, and San Diego sites on numerous occasions.) Several of them commented on a sign that sat on Reagan's desk, that read, "There is no limit to what you can accomplish if you don't care who gets the credit." I think that about sums up his life, and I was glad the younger family members picked this out themselves.

Everyone's life is a story. Most of the time we don't think about that because we are so close to our own or we only look at the life of others in the perspective of how it affects our own little world. To go through a museum where the life of another is chronicled from beginning to end, causes thoughtful pondering on our part. Considering Reagan's life showed that he was an ordinary man with extra-ordinary devotion to others. This proved to be a valuable life lesson to all in our group. Reagan also said, "Let us be sure that those who come after will say of us in our time, that in our time we did everything that could be done. We finished the the race; we kept them free; we kept the faith."

A visit to the Reagan library will be time well spent, learning valuable lessons of what it means to live a principled life and a life of conviction and character. It is interesting and fun for all ages, but a place where people of all ages can learn valuable life lessons from a true American hero.