“A fabulous surprise!”

Ranked #216 of 271 Restaurants in Simi Valley
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This restaurant had, hands down, the best food I've had in a very long time. I'm visiting with my son for a few weeks and have eaten out at a different restaurant practically everyday. I almost passed this one up, thinking it would be too expensive because of the trendy decor. I was wrong. The menu has a wide selection of dishes with prices I would pay at most restaurant chains. But the food......amazing! The best way to describe it is to say it tastes like you're having dinner at the home of a fine chef. Truffle and vanilla is used in their french toast (I asked!), the spicy chili was the best I'd ever had in my life (but have a cold drink handy- it's hot). The mango shrimp salad was so good, I've had it three times since. And the absolute best part of the experience? The effusive warmth of the owner who makes a point to meet and chat with as many customers as possible. I fell in love with this place.
Friday and Saturday nights seem crazy but, surprisingly, it's very quiet the rest of the time. This place hasn't been 'discovered' yet by the locals. It's a shame because with food this good, there should be a line waiting to get in around the block.
My advice? Skip the standard American fare like hamburgers and go for the Latin entrees. They are to die for.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We were visiting Simi Valley and had first decided to go out have dinner at Larsen's based on TripAdvisor reviews. But when we got there we saw it was very upscale and lounge and did not seem a really suitable option for our 15 months baby. So we went just across the street to inquire about this restaurant that seemed attractive (large patio with sofas and cushions). Nobody came out so I had to inside to get the server. We thought this was not great but it was a Sunday night and Simi Valley was pretty "dead" anyway. When we got in we met a table with locals who spoke enthousiastically about the owner and the cuisine, so we decided to stay. Wrong choice. The owner/manager was nice to us but then service service was not only very slow but the waitress had a very arrogant attitude, as if she was doing us a big favour for everything. I told her at ome point I had the impression she was irritated with us and she came across as quite aggressive and she said "not at all" but kept exactly on the same tone and attitude. The food ( I had an Argentinian chicken and my husband a crab salad) was actually good but it took rather long to get there, even though there were very few customers left. We were not told kitchen was closing and the waitress came to ask us if we wanted the check and then said that kitchen was closed (at 9.30 pm!!) so we could not order anything more. Our recommendation is: get staff who really has an attitude to serve and more professionalism. This way you won't get customer get back.

1  Thank beatrishelder
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We went here Saturday night. The little Manager lady there (whom I'm told is actually the owner) was so incredibly rude to us, we walked out. I've never seen this kind of rudeness toward customers in all my life. Thank goodness we did walk out. Just 20 feet away was the best food I've ever tasted at LARSEN'S STEAKHOUSE. The service was incredible and the food was to die for.
A special note to the manager from Limon's: we went across and spent $300 at Larsen's. Not that it was expensive there, but we went all out and ordered tons of everything...I guess Limon's doesn't need customers or money. Thank you for your rudeness! We enjoyed our time at Larsen's sooooooo much!

On another note, just to let everyone know...I have no affiliation with Larsen's. I just couldn't believe how good everything was.
Thanks!
Kristi :)

4  Thank Kristi W
Reviewed August 25, 2011

In addition to excellent food and Margaritas, this restaurant offers efficient/prompt service and a great festive atmosphere. Don't sit too close to the live music. It is good, but it can get uncomfortably loud if you are close to it.

If we visit Simi Valley again, we will definitely return to Limon Latin Grill. We recommend it highly.

1  Thank mjb68
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We went to the Limon Latin Grill Saturday night. The waitress was slow and never came to see if we needed anything. The food took 40 minutes to come out. We ordered the $24 appetizer which was a rip off. A handfull of chips, 2 empanadas (one was terrible and burnt) and a few calamari. The tacos we ordered were cold and when we told the waitress all she could say was "Sorry." The ceveche had frozen shrimp and canned fruit! Terrible!

2  Thank cherieSimiValley