“Beautiful setting to taste and relax”

Giracci Vineyards and Farms
Ranked #4 of 7 things to do in Silverado
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Full disclosure: I'm friends with the owners and my wife just started working in the tasting room. However, having run wine tours world-wide for 20 years I think I can give a balanced critique.
As another reviewer states, Giracci does not currently make wine on-site, hence the name "vineyards and farm" rather than "winery". The grapes are sourced in the Central Coast, and there are vines on the property that I understand should give their first fruit this year. The owners also plan to start making their wine on site this year.
The wines are very well made IMO, my personal favorite white being the Battaglia (50% Chard, 25% Sav Blanc, 25% Viognier) and favorite red the 2006 and 2008 Zins, though with food the Syrahs are equally good.
The estate is beautiful and it's a great place to relax, stroll around the grounds, check out the horses (it's an equestrian center also) and they let you picnic under the trees if you taste their wines.
For a winery within 30-40 minutes of most Orange County towns this is a fabulous getaway for a weekend, or for an event - my daughter had her senior prom here a couple of years back, and we have a family wedding planned there this summer.

2  Thank Avalon-Wine