“Just a great gem”

Cuisines: American
Atascadero
“Just a great gem”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

This is a definite gem. Food was delicious and fresh. Homemade french fries were some of the best I have had. The grilled sourdough roast beef sandwich with tomato and green chili was incredible golden brown and oozing with melted cheese. Homemade vegetable soup was very hot with lots of fresh veggies and seasoned to perfection. This will be a must stop for me and my family anytime we are passing threw Sierraville. And can not say enough about the service. Very funny and lively staff, they really made the dinning experience perfect!

• Visited May 2014

Yacolt, Washington
“Home cooking done right!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We recently had breakfast at "The Kitchen" in Sierraville and the employees are down to earth real folks. They are busy at this kitchen because the food is good, price is reasonable and service excellent. The home fries had a fry pan brown NOT mushy microwaved potatoes. There are peppers and onions and goodies in the home fries. Our omelets were made with egg beaters per our request.

We returned the second morning and had their famous heuvos rancheros. My wife had a half portion and couldn't finish it. I had the full portion and you have to be really hungry to finish this. It's a plate full of food!

I would definitely recommend it and plan on returning. Just remember, there's no whinin' allowed!

• Visited August 2013
Reno, Nevada
“Great service and food”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Very nice staff and great food. Please overlook the mismatched furniture and outside appearance. It is a guaranteed full belly of tasty grub. I had the B.L.A.S.T. (Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado, Sprouts and Tomato), my teens had cheeseburgers and my husband had the San Francisco burger. All were excellent. Fries were skin on and a huge helping, along with the red potato salad. Glad we stopped in.

• Visited July 2013
Truckee, CA
“What I compare other breakfasts too”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Sierraville Kitchen use to be Donner Lake Kitchen until they moved. For twenty years they are how we've judged everyone's else breakfast... was is it as good as or better than Sierraville Kitchen.
The food is alway great, portions are perfect (plenty- you don't leave hungry). Fresh, yummy choices. Excellent service and good bang for your buck!
They also have a great lunch menu.

• Visited June 2013
Livermore, California
“Best Huevos Rancheros I ever had!!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Great restaurant, friendly staff, excellent food. 30 min. drive from Donner Lake, well worth it. Our family has been there about 10 times. The food is consistently good and the portions are large. The staff is so friendly you will want to chat for a while.
Highly recommended!!!