“Charming cabins with great hospitality”
Review of Yuba River Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sierra City
Yuba River Inn
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had a great and relaxing five night stay here. It was made extra nice with great hospitality of the owner Rick. He gave us a great map that we used to find some awesome and memorable hikes, including the wonderful Sierra Buttes Lookout hike. We stayed in the Wild Plum cabin that had a nice view of the woods out the back and wood burning stove, which was a real treat since it was chillier than we expected. The property very pretty with river access.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Yuba River Inn

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We've been staying here for years and we drive all the way from Mission Viejo, CA (565 miles). It's a bonus for us that they have wi-fi on the main deck since we are both small business owners. My hubby has to have his TV at bedtime and they have satellite with movies so "woohoo" for that. I could live without TV but for those of you that gotta have it, there you go. We have several choices in town on places to stay and this is our first choice. We have changed our vacation time based on when we can book our favorite cabin. We love this town and the people in it and especially the owners of the Yuba River Inn. I personally have such a hectic work life so I crave the tranquility of this resort being how it is all built under a canopy of gigantic pine trees...so beautiful. Since I love the mining history of this river (raised as a gold miner's daughter), it's another bonus that the cabins have so much charm from the original 1930's real log cabins but have been updated with modern amenities like kitchens and bathrooms. We used to camp nearby but many years ago graduated up to these cabins (too many deflated air beds in the middle of the night...been there done that). We've stayed in different cabins at the property and all are charming. And, they provide BBQs with charcoal for each cabin so we love that we can grill every night. We don't eat out much. We just noticed on this last trip that they added two beautiful sitting areas overlooking their river access with tables and chairs and some stone pavers. Great place for cocktails. We didn't get to sit and enjoy that area but we walked through and saw that it was a really beautiful setting. This is the place to stay if you love any outdoor activity or just peaceful relaxation at your cabin or sitting beside a rushing river (they have their own river access). You have to check out their website to see pics of all the cabins. Liz and Butch Itakura

Room Tip: Ask if the cabin that you are booking has a patio or balcony. All at least have front porches with...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liz H
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I just spent 5-nights at the Yuba River Inn with my large family (5-kids, 1- son in law, 1-grandson and several guests came and went). We had 3-cabins amongst us and had plenty of space and enjoyed the basic comforts of home. My daughter and son-in-law had gone the previous 2-years and encouraged us to bring the entire family up for our annual family vacation. The cabins were clean, well stocked with the basics and were a close walk or a very short drive into Sierra City. The Yuba River was a very short walk from our cabins and we had more than enough activities to keep a large group busy for the entire time. Within a 30-45 minute drive you have the Lakes Basin area and a long stretch of the Yuba River to explore with good fishing, swimming holes and stretches to inner tube. Pet friendly as well.
For someone who stays in Starwood properties on a weekly basis for business travel, this is not that type of stay. It is clean and rustic. If you don't expect too much or think you are staying in a resort you should be very happy with your stay.
Rick, the owner, helps when and where needed and let's you enjoy your stay. Good value for your money. We'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

A must do for anyone who loves hiking, fishing, biking, 4 wheeling or just relaxing in the mountains with out the crowds! Nice cabins and fabulous grounds. Lots of wildlife to enjoy and river access. Great little town a couple blocks away for dining after a fun day in the great outdoors. Many beautiful lakes very close by.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Growing up in the Sierra foothills I know my Gold Mininng Towns. I recently stayed at the Yuba River Inn with a group of friends and it was awesome. Sierra City has a classic small (and I do mean small) town feel and The Yuba River Inn extends that type of hospitality to its guests. The cabins were clean and offered peace and quiet. The Yuba River is a short hike from the Inn with plenty of swimming holes and fish laying in wait. A talk with the Inn owner is like a talk with a neighbor and his knowledge of the area can lead you to some amazing spots. With the Sierra Buttes nearby scenery is abundant and some short drives can get you to high mountain lakes. Overall a great experience and I will be going back. Thanks for reading.

Room Tip: No swimming pool or fitness center available but I'd take a hike to the river for a swim over an...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We would have easily rated this place a 5 star. Great place to get away from it all and if you have a dog, so far, we have not had a better place to stay. The cabin was clean and had all necessities along with the privacy, beautiful surroundings and a backyard for the puppy...everything we were looking for. The river was a short walk away. We had the Ponderosa which is one of their two larger cabins with a back yard. Rick the owner was very pleasant, nice and helpful. The reason they lost the 5 star rating was because when we got home, we found out that our daughter called for us while we were there (no cell phone or wifi service available), she said it was kind of an emergency but we never got the message...that is scary to me...what if it was a BIG emergency... I would have been livid that I never got the message?! Also, for all of you out there looking, don't mistake a 5 star rating for a "cabin" stay with a 5 star rating at a hotel or resort stay....totally different - you need to come down to earth a few notches and if you do, you'll have a pleasant stay :). Overall, we had great stay at the Yuba River Inn and would return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I (and our dog) spent three nights in this cabin resort. We rented the Alder cabin. It is ideal for three persons (but can accommodate 4). It was spacious and well-furnished. It has a kitchenette stocked with utensils, dinner sets, etc. It has a good, spacious bathroom with hot/cold shower. The resort is good-sized, very quiet, cabins are far enough from each other. The place is also dog-friendly (with a fee per night). I don't mind coming back to this place or recommending it to a friend. It has a website and you ought to call them because the website won't allow you online reservation.

Room Tip: This is a rustic cabin resort, so don't expect amenities like air-conditioner, bath tub, flat-sc...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
#2 of 2 in Clio
Pullman House Inn
Pullman House Inn
#1 of 1 in Portola

Been to Yuba River Inn? Share your experiences!