“This is a great throw-back diner”
Review of Bassett Station

Bassett Station
Reviewed January 15, 2019

When entering Bassett Station, you'll likely be enthusiastically greeting by a cafe server or the clerk at the grocery store that shares the same building. We had breakfast there, and it was hearty, nicely presented and serviced quickly. This place reminds me of a diner from the past: good food, good prices and good people. The store is also a winner.

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a reviewReviews (4)
Reviewed October 4, 2018

This is THE place for a great milk shake, especially CHOCOLATE MILK SHAKE. Bassett Station is one of our go-to places during our vacation in the Sierra Buttes. We never miss our chance to stop in for this special treat.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 12, 2018

We always stop at Bassett Station when visiting the Gold Lakes Basin, Sierra City and Downieville. It has been awhile since we ordered a meal there, but the food has always been great. We just stopped there today and I realized I have never left them a review. They have a great little diner, snacks, supplies, everything you might need for your exploration of the basin. Stop by and tell them hi!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed June 28, 2018

If you find yourself in the Lakes Basin or in Sierra City near the Yuba River, this is the place to go for a tasty meal. Half of Bassett Station is a shop with camping basics, fishing supplies, beer and some food. The other half is our favorite local diner. This place is known for its tasty and generous breakfast, lunch and dinner and large ice cream cones and milkshakes.
My husband tries new things each time we go there, and thinks their potato salad is even better than his mom's, but I always order the hot dog. Large kosher beef weiner grilled and on a grilled bun, you can order their excellent chili on it but I get it with the fresh sauerkraut and mustard. We grill our own hot dogs sometimes and I have had them at various upscale Bay Area eateries but this is the hot dog I think about and look forward to.
Bassett Station has booths and barstools, friendly staff, a relaxed atmosphere and the best kraut dog you will ever find, guaranteed.

Date of visit: May 2018