“Oasis in a desert”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Spokane, Washington
“Oasis in a desert”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

A good place to stop either way to or from Death Valley. Good sandwiches an burgers.
Waitress was definitely over worked and the place was busy, and she was the only server. But she managed it well and didn't let it bother her toooo much,
Worth a stop

• Slovak first
“prices outrageous”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

the food was pretty good, service was excellent, but the prices were incredibly high for a place with shabby furnishings, broken window and all over run down appearance. the owner of this place must not see what us regular folks see. for what they charge I would think they could at least afford to maintain a bit better appearances. With a little bit of work this could be a decent place to eat. 24 bucks for a steak? cmon this is crazy!

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Hometown restaurant”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had a great sandwich at this place before entering into Death Valley. Very good food, cole slaw, fries. I had the burger with chili, very tasty. A museum next door also, interesting for browsing and learning about the area. We sat outside, watching the traffic and folks walking around.

Salinas, California, United States
“Cool Place, Great Food.”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

After hiking in southern Death Valley we decided to loop through and eat dinner at the Crowbar and then back to Furnace Creek. Yes, the place is a little worn down but that just adds to it's character. I'm sure many people have driven by and said "I'm not going in that place." Well, if so, then they really missed out on a treat.

We started out with chips and salsa and the waitress said it will take a few minutes because they make them from scratch and that "... they don't come out of a bag." Sounds good to me. When they arrived, well I guess you can say they are a meal in themselves. Piled high on a plate these bad boys were the size of a half of a piece of sliced bread. Each one. I couldn't help myself, I ate the whole plate. I think my wife got a couple. That in itself was worth the visit. After that, both our meals were hot and tasty. The fries with my steak sandwich were also fresh made. The fries were as good, if not better, than the ones at an In-N-Out Burger. The food was great, the waitress and cook were pleasant and friendly, A great place to eat and experience.

• Visited March 2013
Budapest, Hungary
“in the desert”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We had lunch here on our way to Death Valley. The service was a bit slow but very nice. The food was ok. Portions were huge. Prices reasonable.

• Visited June 2012