“Amazing experience”

Anselmo Vineyards
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Anselmo Vineyards cloaks 15 acres of the ranch and includes a first class wine tasting room. We proudly serve three reds, a bold Cabernet Sauvignon, a full bodied Merlot and a smooth blend we call Majorette. Our wines are always served along with good conversation and fabulous fine dining experience, and complemented by views of sprawling green pastures.
Redding, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

It's been a year or so since we have been to Anselmo for dining. I must say, there have been some definite improvements to both the property and the restaurant. The restaurant is now run by a manager we recognized. He ran a successful steakhouse in Redding for many years and we can see his expertise coming through at Anselmo. The staff is much more attentive and friendly. Very accommodating. Jenna was probably the best server I have experienced in this area. The food was as good as I remembered. Carrot cake, Wow! We even met a lovely cook who took time out of her day to came out of the kitchen and offered to take a picture of us with our camera. Nice young lady with a big smile and braces. There is so much to look at up there, we had a nice walk after lunch. The patio offers beautiful views and my guess it is the best food and service in the North State.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Nora R

Redding Ca
“ALWAYS”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Thanks again Mr. Anselmo!! Great evening at the ranch again. The new conservatory is quite beautiful! We had wonderful cuisine as usual tonight. We did however have to sit next to a table who seemed to complain about every thing. They were very unpleasant people. They seemed to be planning to make this evening difficult for your server before they even ordered. We had some of the same dishes that they had and they were wonderful! Shameful people indeed.
We always have a great time and the weather could not have been better! We did not see Chanda but the new wine is super.

Redding, California
“Excellent food !”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband & I had dinner at the restaurant on a Saturday night. I knew they had a "dress code" so we dressed up ! Most of the seating is outside, with a large fig tree that shades most of the tables.....we were initially seated away from the tree, & realized we were too hot sitting out in the sun, & they were kind enough to move us. All of the outside tables are metal....including the chairs. I wore a silk dress, & it was a bit uncomfortable sitting on a metal chair, in my dress. Upon looking around at the other guests attire, I soon realized that its more "dressy casual" than anything else......we ordered a salad, entree & dessert, and it was ALL fantastic ! Large portions, great presentation, and so incredibly tasty......I have been fortunate to eat at some spectacular restaurants around the world, & the food here, is definitely one to try ! I would highly recommend it :)

1 Thank Elaine K
Red Bluff, California
“Wonderful Experience!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I had the privilege of going to Anselmo's for an overnight stay, and it was an awesome trip. One of the owners was there to greet us. She was wonderful and gave us a lot of information about various things at the ranch we were curious about. We were able to see a lot of the property on horseback and then came back to the restaurant for dinner. What a treat dinner was! The wine (Majorette '09) was perfect. I had the sea scallops with saffron rice and my husband had the lamb and both were amazing. Our server Chris was also very attentive. We'll be back for date nights for sure!

Portland
“Slice of heaven in the North State”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Gorgeous scenery and amazing wine. 5 star service as well. Such a convenient jaunt out of Redding. The menu looked amazing, but we were there to specifically try and buy the wine. We are so glad we did! A perfect location for any event as well. There was a beautiful wedding being set up while we there. Can't wait to head back next time we're in town.

• Visited July 2013