“Great food, Amazing atmosphere, Excellent service. The best Redding has to offer.”
Review of Anselmo Vineyards - CLOSED

Anselmo Vineyards
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Anselmo Vineyards cloaks 15 acres of the ranch and includes a first class wine tasting room. We proudly serve three reds, a bold Cabernet Sauvignon, a full bodied Merlot and a smooth blend we call Majorette. Our wines are always served along with good conversation and fabulous fine dining experience, and complemented by views of sprawling green pastures.
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is by far the best restaurant Redding has too offer. As soon as you drive in the driveway the atmosphere of the place is peace and beauty.
The food is all organic and fresh, the chef has a Michelin Star so that will tell you the quality right there.
Well worth the effort to experience Redding's finest.
The chapel they built out there is beautiful too...

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We brought our father out here last night for an early fathers day. It was a beautiful evening we ate om their side patio. The pizzas were amazing the chef actualy cooks them on the back patio wow! Their servers are amazing! The only thing we could have asked for was a slightly quiter enviroment. Our waiter did explain that Thursdays are their laid back evenings less formal than their regular dinners so all was understandable. We will ne definitely be visiting again!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had a wonderful afternoon meal here in early May. We were seated in a very nice part of the restaurant, with a pleasant view. Chris, our server, was exceptionally helpful, unusually well versed in food and wine, and genuinely interested in helping the four of us make a delightful memory. Three of us ordered the steak sandwiches. I ordered the panini. All were quite good. But what was amazing was the Roma tomato bisque with basil. Wow! Great presentation, clever artistry of food colors, and wonderful depth of taste. We had a delightful lunch and it was a very good memory for all of us. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This place is simply amazing. The drive out to it is beautiful. On the road leading up to the restaurant/vineyard I have twice seen a bobcat. Cattle lazing about. The grounds are stunning, not overdone, but not disappointing. The restaurant serves wonderful food, the wines are exceptional and the wait staff is professional and attentive but not intrusive. The owners have shown such creativity and so much class in the way they have built this oasis. They continue to expand the place with added features. And it just keeps getting better. They offer horse back riding that is personal and I can say without reservation it was the best ride I have ever had on a stable trail ride.

I seriously have had the time of my life. This is a working ranch, and I even got the opportunity recently to work on the ranch for a day. I came home wanting to sell our business and move there and work for them!

I strongly, STRONGLY urge you to make this an absolute must on your list. May you enjoy it half as much as I did. You will be over the moon!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Okay, so we spent a beautiful day in the nearby town of Manton surveying the local wineries. On our way out of the Manton valley we stopped by Anselmo looking to sample their wines. What we first discovered was a confusing setup with questions of where to park and which building we could do our wine tasting. After assuming the parking arrangement we made our way to their "restaurant/wine tasting center". When we walked in they seemed confused when we asked if we could sample their product and were then handed off to an awkward hostess that proceeded to take us out on the patio for a table? We finally sat down and ordered their sampling of wine in a beautiful location on their back patio. The waiter was very gracious and went out of his way to help us with our sampling but failed to let us know we wouldn't be able to sample their estate Cabernet wine because it's ONLY sold by the bottle ($50 btw) and could only have their other branded wines which went for $20 BUCKS EACH for the tasting!!?? . I've had my share of good wines and their samplings were nothing to brag about. While having our samples we ordered a plate of cheeses that were okay. On our last sample the hostess walked up to the table and said there is another customer that showed up and we need to leave the table??? WTF??? Are you kidding me? We've only been here like 45minutes and YOU were the one that sat us??? Well, needless to say, we were pissed and got up and asked for our ticket. It seemed the waiter was un-aware of the confusion so I think this was a huge hostess blunder. Regardless of this situation we got our bill and noticed the plate of cheese was $25 and the 3 tastings were $20 each to total $101 bucks!!! And this is without ever trying their Cab Estate Wine!!! I will say, I tipped the waiter well since he was nice but I think the restaurant or winery or whatever the F.. it is has some serious issues to smooth out.

So I won't be going back anytime soon. I will say they should separate their wine tasting from the restaurant if they ever want to be taken seriously as a winery. Also they need to fire that hostess! I mean c'mon, kick us out of our table after 45min??? After a beautiful Saturday this pretty much ruined everything...

4  Thank Randall C
Doug C, Manager at Anselmo Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Randall, I am the new restaurant manager at Anselmo, taking over the beginning of May. I am sorry for your experience at the restaurant and can assure you that we have made appropriate changes to fix the issues that happened to you, including a new gracious and accommodating hostess staff. We will never kick you out of a table again, that is not how we do things in my restaurants.
Unfortunately, we are not a large winery and cannot have a dedicated tasting room. Wine tastings are now $10 and we give a generous sampling of our wines. I hope you will try us again, I am confident that the changes in the staff and our procedures will please you.