“good food, but super slow service”

Seaside Cafe & Bakery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed January 25, 2010

my husband and i continued to go back here because the food is really good, but EVERY time we went it took FOREVER to get our food (at least 30 minutes each time). if you have plenty of time to wait, then i recommend it. good food, great outdoor seating. just be prepared to wait!!

Reviewed January 24, 2010

I went into Seaside Cafe a few days ago and I was extremely disapponted! The service was so slow and the staff was rude. The only semi good thing about this place was the atmosphere. I would not recommend this place to anyone!

1  Thank Ksmith23433
Reviewed January 13, 2010

This is my favorite place to hang and enjoy Liz's home cooking and Tim's coffee. It is a favorite place among the locals in Shell Beach. Complimentary Wi Fi is a plus. Always guaranteed a fabulous meal, coffee and service with a smile. I am on my way there as soon as I finish submitting my review. See you there! :)

Reviewed January 26, 2009

If you're in the Pismo Beach area you must visit Seaside Cafe and Bakery in Shell Beach. Their Breakfasts and Lunches are delicious. Everything is homemade and the portions are huge. I recommend the Peaches and Cream pancakes and the Corned Beef Hash. Would come here everyday if I lived in the area.

1  Thank alison2686
Reviewed March 8, 2008

Seaside's food is good/great depending on what you order. The Pancakes and French Toast are definitely much better than the Egg's Benedict. The Pancakes and French Toast are really tasty. We purchased some muffins as well. Good but not out of this world! We also bought Chile Rellenos to take home for dinner that night. They are simply amazing. A bit spicy but delicious.

The place is TINY! You wait in line to place your order in this little tiny store front. The only seating is outside. I was surprised on how quickly tables became available. Most of the folks are locals and very nice. The employees over all were nice, the employee you place your order with (owner?) was overwhelmed, demeaning, and less than patience with the folks ordering ahead of us as well as ourselves. They had just been featured in a local periodical and apparently had been slammed with customers ever since. Do not go here if you have any time limitations. Overall the food was good, initial service grumpy, and worker bee bus boy very pleasant!

1  Thank lovtotravl