“A Favorite”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Zorro's Cafe and Cantina is, without a doubt, one of our favorite local restaurants, because of the the extensive menu of delicious food, and the always accomodating wait-staff. Although, the interior is very small, and crowded during peak times, it's quaintly decorated with a fun, beachy-Mexican-art flair. The heated patio makes up for the lack of seating inside, and it's dog-friendly. It's conveniently located just off Hwy 101 in beautiful Shell Beach

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We were told we had to try this place for breakfast but we werent able to make it for breakfast which by the way is served til 3pm (we were told by the very informative waitress). We stopped by about 8pm on a Friday night. The place wasnt crowded and we sat outside under the stars and under a patio heater. The heater wasnt working so the staff told us we could move into their patio where there was a nice warm heater going. We moved and we felt so much better.
The chips n salsa were really good and went perfectly with my margarita on the rocks which was made to perfection ! Great size too. I had the cod sandwich with fries and my husband had the fish n chips. My fish sanwich literally melted in my mouth. I hadnt tasted fish that had such flavor. It was delicious. Best of all was the amazing service. Our servers came over and chatted with us and gave us some tips on local eateries and also on their daily specials/happy hour. I felt like i was with old friends at this place. Very cozy and casual. I hear their breakfast is great but really i dont think you can go wrong at this place.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Friendly service, great food. I had the chilaquiles and my wife had one of the daily specials with cactus. This was our first visit to Zorros and we won't hesitate to return for breakfast or to try some lunch items.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Unbelieveable on the huevos in the omelette. I usually don't order the pork but it was killer on the waitress' suggestion. Really nice staff and nice place to eat and have a coffee in the morning too.

1  Thank Howard C
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Be prepared to wait becuz this restaurant packs them in. Obviously a local favorite, we can understand why. Great selection of food, friendly staff, and if you're a bit chilled they supply serapes! Cozy and casual dining experience and we will definitely return for breakfast next time!

1  Thank CaliforniaCaridee