“A Little Disappointing”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We visited based on reviews and I must say, I was a bit disappointed. My daughter and I both ordered enchalada's with seafood and some of the ingredients were a bit strange. Our town has some excellent Mexican Restaurants and I would definitely say this place is average. Our silverware looked dirty, so our server took it back and brought out some more which didn't look much better. Service was barely ok. Our server was interacting with the locals and were sort of felt unwelcome and ignored. I was really disappointed because I had high hopes that it would be a great find.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Food was great, the chili relleno outstanding. Our waitress, Liz was so sweet to us "older customers" Loved the authentic Mexican food we can't find in Tennessee.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We had lunch here after passing by the place for several days not stopping because it was always packed - now we know why. The food is fantastic. It's a small, nicely decorated place with lovely patio area. The service was good too. We had the most amazing quesadilla of all things, ice cold beer and chili verde enchilladas that I can't rave enough about! Must each here!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We were in the Pismo Beach area for a family event and dined at Zorro's Cafe with friends on the morning we were headed home. Not being much of a breakfast person, I went along to enjoy a visit with our friends. I was pleasantly surprised by the menu that offered Mexican cuisine that was a combination of breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I ordered an enchilada egg dish that came with rice, beans, and warm tortillas. The flavors were delicious and I was delighted to get something more like lunch for breakfast rather than a typical omlet or pancake dish. The service was friendly and prompt and we were able to move tables around a bit to accomodate the six of us. Everyone seemed to enjoy their meal. The only drawback is that Zorro's is very small and we have driven by when there is quite a crowd waiting to be seated. I recommend that you get there early for weekend breakfast or just be in a relaxed mood knowing you may have to wait a bit. The meal is definitely worth the wait.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Zorro's has the best breakfast in town. Delicious egg dishes, filing pancakes and French toast. Great local flavor! A must. We have never gone there for happy hour - but I am sure it is awesome!