“breakfast with a ocean breeze”

Zorro's Cafe & Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed January 21, 2012

walking distance to the motel . food was wonderful and service was fast and great . and outdoor seating so much fun .

Reviewed January 7, 2012

Delicious brunch in this funky beach enclave near San Luis Obispo.

There was a wait for the outdoor seating, but we got a table inside right away.
I had a Chile Verde Omelet which was simply delicious - every bite of it was simply wonderful. They absolutely know how to prepare this kind of food. My wife had the Chorizo & Eggs Breakfast Burrito, and found it delicious as well. Our son had pancakes which, even in his pre-teen why-do-we-have-to-stop-here mood, he found acceptable.

Location is a bit hard to find, not exactly jumping out at you. Best to use a navigation system to find the right exit from the highway. It seems a favorite with locals. It's certainly on our map the next time we're in the area.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Loved the staff & funky Cantina. Yummy pancakes & Huevos rancheros.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

We happened upon this little hole in the wall restaurant driving down the road. We were SO glad we stopped in for a bite. This is not your run of the mill Mexican food.

It's a small indoor and patio restaurant, not very big, and definitely not fancy. But it was absolutely fantastic!

Reviewed September 27, 2011

Was attending a conference and was out to dinner by myself. I have eaten at many of the nice restaurants in Shell Beach, but was looking for a local place for a bite to eat as I was solo. Driving down the street I see this little restaurant that was packed! So I gave it a try. I love mexican food...and seafood. I have had shrimp enchiladas before, and have been disappointed due to the lack of "shrimp". OMG...and I really mean OMG...there was so much shrimp in the enchiladas I could barely finish eating just the two of them...forget the rest of the combo plate...I was stuffed. These were soo good...I am going back on Friday for lunch before I leave town. This is a must do. Great food, great atmosphere and the prices were good too. You have to go!