The Palomar Inn
Shell Beach Inn(Shell Beach)(Great Value!)
$125
The Inn at the Cove(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
$231
$189
Shore Cliff Hotel(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
$236
$209
Pismo Lighthouse Suites(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
$129
Cottage Inn by the Sea(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
$143
SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
$159
Spyglass Inn(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
$159
Groupon.com
$169
$164
Travelocity
All reviewsqueen size bedpismo beachseparate bedroomswould stay here againpalomarhbo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 6, 2011

My husband and I and our birds had to stay at the Palomar Inn for 10 days while our rental was in renovation. The stay started out great, the managers were nice and the room was great. Then we walked in one day and our room smelled like gas. They let a gas worker come into our room when we weren't there who did something with the heater and left the room filled with this awful smell. We are lucky they didn't kill our birds. The next morning I was woken up at 7:50 AM by the manager telling me the gas guy was there to fix the heater. What a pain in the butt. After looking at reviews for this hotel online, I noted that a guest who had been there right before us had a problem with gas that was emitting carbon monoxide!!! I wonder if we had the same room! What kind of managers rent a room knowing that gas is a problem? Then the managers tried to add $100 to our bill at the end of our stay because they didn't add their "pet fee" at the beginning. The lady manager made a scene outside of our hotel room when we were trying to leave. Horrible experience during an already stressful time in my life. I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ruby B
Reviewed September 21, 2011

My wife and I stayed for 4 days. We really enjoyed our stay with all the amenities, and the courteous staff. We would definitely come back and stay again here. The place is walking distance to the beach, so my wife and I went for walks on all our nights.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AJ S
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The good first:
It is fairly inexpensive.
Has a good bed.
There is plenty of hot water.
Good wifi.
It's in Shell Beach!

The bad:
A coffee pot without coffee!!! What kind of hospitality it that???!!!
A ceiling fan with a switch I didn't find until morning. ( it is above the headboard.)
Plus It NEEDS some MAJOR RENOVATION and an OWNER who takes some pride in ownership. It is pretty obvious that this one doesn't. He/she did hire a nice manager, tho, who is friendly so I'm giving
it an extra star because of her.

Room Tip: Room #14 is near the top. The other rooms are a little bit of a steep walk to the sidewalk. But, it also closer to the traffic noises. That didn't bother our sleep but it might if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AccidentalTourist52
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Like a 50's motel. Clean and small. Don't expect much from the management. Will do in a pinch.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LeoDee
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We were looking for a pet friendly place to stay for the night. It was this and much more.
The best part was the comfortable bed. Never slept so sound. Then the huge bathroom was another plus. Major cable TV. The walk to the beach was just right for my dog, Baby Gurl. Perfect for us. We will be staying there again and again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends