“best price around....”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shasta Lake
Holiday Harbor Resort and Marina
Reviewed March 1, 2010

We have been renting or staying at Holiday Harbor for approximately 6 years now and keep returning...while it is true they may have the newest or best looking houseboats, just check out the prices at the other marinas or companies. We have always had excellent service, no surprises and if help was needed they were right there....Give them a chance and you may be plesantly surprised.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank rickster_9

Reviewed January 3, 2010

Do not ever take a houseboat trip on a tight budget.I booked the admiral houseboat because it was the only boat I could afford.I surely got what a paid for. The admiral was $600 for three days (which is not very much for a houseboat on lake shasta)but I wished I would have just gone to Las Vegas I would have gotten more for my money.I will just keep this short day two one of my guest took a five minute shower which somehow managed to fill our tank.The dirty water came back up the shower and up the sink.We traveled back to the marina and spent two hours finding someone to drain our water tank without even as much as a sorry.On the morning of day three when we set off for the day the engine broke and we had to be towing back to the marina.We decided to leave a day early and I will never go back to holiday harbor.I encourage anyone to go to lake shasta it is an amazing place.If you are going to go on a houseboat don't be cheap and if you have to be cheap just stay at la quinta in redding you can drive to the lake within 20 minutes.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank pabstlover
Reviewed September 5, 2009

I rented my first Houseboat with two other couples for a 3 night, four day trip on Shasta Lake. We all were happy with the experiance, and plan to go again with "Holiday Harbor." I read some bad reviews about the Business- and I have to say "don't listen to them," and that the boat was clean, and gave us no problems during operation, plus the people who worked there were friendly and helpful. I don't know what some people expect from an operation like Holiday Harbor, but I did find it was a good value for how much I paid for the excersion. The only thing that disappointed me was that I did not stay to enjoy another day swimming and fishing in a nice private cove I parked in.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2009

Like a lot of other reviewers here, I am ranting about what we were NOT told when we booked our stay, even after careful questioning.
We planned on two nights in the RV park so we could see the caverns (excellent) and enjoy the lake. We were NOT told the lake drops a foot a day beginning in May and that we were booking after two years of drought so the lake would be somewhere around 150 below the campground. However we WERE offered a "lakeside" RV spot! We would have parked, literally, at the edge of a 150 foot precipice. Fortunately we booked a shaded spot so our dog could remain comfortable while we visited the caverns. It was over 100 steps down to the banks of the lake, and at least 30 more feet down to the muddy, algae ridden water; the lake had extremely muddy/dirty banks since it was exposed lake bed. The campground itself had that run-down look, was extremely dusty and had dirty bathrooms. The campsite next to ours had exposed wires sticking out of the ground. Probably not live but who knows...
At the Marina we thought we'd take a jet ski out for an hour and give the kids a thrill. Maybe we are a little naive, but we WERE told it was $85 per hour so we assumed they could be rented BY THE HOUR. We were NOT told there was a TWO HOUR MINIMUM and a $500 deposit. However there was a moment of exasperating humor when the gal at the counter pointed to a sign on a door BEHIND THE COUNTER and said, "Yep - says right here - two hour minimum!"
We pulled out a day early and we will NEVER return to Lake Shasta. We envisioned a day of lakeside fun and the kids splashing in the water. Lake Shasta is for folks who want to spend the day floating around on houseboats, for whatever reason because it looks downright dull to me, in what I would call less than attractive surroundings. The entire lake is surrounded by an ugly ring of exposed lake bed, the result of yearly and unavoidable evaporation that as I said before begins with the lake in the seasonal high point in May and dropping a foot a day until the rains return in the fall. The lake was SO LOW that, when we asked if there was ANYWHERE we could take the kids swimming (10 and 12 years old) we were met with a blank stare and absolutely NO recommendations. I wouldn't go back to Holiday Harbor or Lake Shasta if they gave me a free spot.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank Jim_Sequim
Reviewed July 2, 2009

Holiday Harbor is a large operation renting small to large houseboats. We arrived and the check-in process only took 15 minutes. It would have been nice if they had mentioned that the lake drops over 1 foot each day so we would not have had to dig out the first morning but other than that all went well. Then the "fun" began. You need to be prepared to fill up carts that they provide with everything you bring and take them down a dirt road, across a ramp and then down a dock to your boat that is 200 yards away. Unfortunately the carts did not have enough air in the tires and some had no air at all! This is a problem that needs to be fixed ASAP.

We did have a minor problem our first morning out on the lake with our batteries and they were very fast arriving and fixing the issue. The group providing mid-week pump out and fueling was very efficient.

The boats themselves are nice but heavily used, worn and not clean. No big deal but know what you are getting for the money you are spending. We got a "deal" and spent under $4K for a week for an Empress.

We would definitely go back to Shasta but would look for a cleaner, newer boat next time.

If you do go, check out the Caverns.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Paul S
Reviewed July 1, 2009

It was our first time renting at Holiday Harbor, having boated on Shasta before and rented houseboats in the Delta as well.

The loading experience was challenging because they had very little access space near the dock area. Cars had to fight for space and even then, it was tough. Service was pretty good and efficient (including the mid-week refueling and tank dumping). The boat itself (Empress) was well designed by definitely more beat up than I would have expected. All the window blinds were damaged. The rooftop railings were loose. One of the bathrooms stunk pretty badly and there was no tank deodorizer provided (lame). One of the refridgerators didn't stay cold enough (milk spoiled well before the expiration date.) There was a big rip in the kitchen linolium. Bottom line is that the boat was pretty worn.

It was a great trip (houseboating on Shasta is great!) and nothing about the boat or the service at Holiday Harbor really took away from that, but I think next time we'll try another marina for rental.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank isitvacationtime
Reviewed June 24, 2009

This was our second trip that we had booked with Holiday Harbor. This year we rented the Grand Marquis, which is there newest boat in the fleet. This year unfortunately did not go as smooth as last year. Our departure time was 12:00pm. We arrived at 11:30 to load up the boat. We were told the boat was not ready as a power steering hose blew and got fluid all over the inside of the boat. So, they told us it would be done later in the day and we could leave then. They said the would give us a free nights stay because of this issue. Keep in mind, they never called me to tell me it wasn't ready. So, we went to Redding to eat lunch and do some shopping. Well, I get a call at 11:59 right when we arrive in Redding, saying the boat is ready. So, we went all the way to Redding for no reason. So, we came back, loaded up the boat, and departed at around 1:30. Trip was good, came back, and told the manager we wanted to reserve for next year and give us our free night added on to next years visit. He told me he couldnt do it because the boat had been fixed before 12:00pm. Well, we were supposed to DEPART at 12:00, not load the boat at 12. So, as of right now, I am thinking of not going with this marina next year unless they make it right. We will see.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank jasondady

Been to Holiday Harbor Resort and Marina? Share your experiences!