“Don't pass through Selma without stopping here for lunch...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sal’s Mexican Restaurants
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Selma
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a family friendly restaurant and Sal's Mexican Restaurants has three locations to serve you: Selma, Fresno and Madera. We offer dine-in, take-out or catering for your party needs! Enjoy party trays, casseroles, even handmade Tamales for that special get -together.
California
“Don't pass through Selma without stopping here for lunch...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was introduced to this restaurant as a kid and now more than 30 years later, I'm still looking for reasons to drive through the area just so I have a reason to stop for lunch. The food has always been incredible, and the wait staff have always been friendly and quick to get your drinks/take your order. By far my favorite Mexican restaurant!

For those who have never been to Sal's, be forewarned it is a little hard to find. It is nestled in one of the older residential neighborhoods of Selma. Other reviewers have described the neighborhood as a little "scary"; true, the area is run down and not the best of neighborhoods, but we have never had any issues parking here or ever felt unsafe. Don't let the location keep you from having a great meal here.

• Visited February 2013

Clovis CA
“Went in but made the choice to leave”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Restaurant was run down. I was concerned about even parking my car in the parking lot. The margaritas are "wine based". Really.... Not for me.
My husband and myself were in the area. We have been told many times that this is the place for good Mexican food. Unfortunate I could not get past the neighborhood, parking lot, smell of the restaurant and then finding out that they did not have a liquor license.
I would never go to this place after dark. Sorry....
The host was very nice. But I just could not do it.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Pine Grove, California, United States
“One of the best for mexican food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

What a great place for mexican cuisine and service. The atmosphere is excellent as well. Hard to find better food from south of the border and service is beyond compare. For protection of cars in the parking lot, a security guard is always present. We love to buy salsa to take home, as it's awesome!!!

• Visited October 2012
Northern California
“Great Food, Have your GPS Ready”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

A local recommended Sal's and I was not disappointed, once I found the location. The place is hidden away in an apparent residential area. I was quickly seated for lunch and my order was taken. I had the Chile Verde burrito and it was great. Service was very good, even during a lunch hour rush. I will be back here! It was a bit pricey for lunch, but worth it overall. The dining room is pretty small, so it fills up quickly.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
San Francisco, California
“Super service, really good food, great chile rellenos!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is a great little family restaurant hidden away in a residential neighborhood of the little town of Selma, CA. Make sure to bring along your GPS to find it....

Got the parking spot right next to he door, and walked right in about 8:30 on a Thursday night after NFL football and was immediately seated. The great server was right there with the fresh chips and salsa, and back when I looked to order. Service was just right throughout, with him checking back to make sure I was satisfied a couple of times. Food was delivered quickly and piping hot.

I had the combo with shredded beef taco, chicken enchilada, and one of he best chiles rellenos I've had in a long time, nice breading outside and chewy cheesy inside. Taco and enchilada were good, too. Beans were good with melted cheese atop, and rice was OK. All this for $10.49!

Decor was family restaurant type, some booths, a bunch of tables with regular chairs, and a small counter area. A nice high roof gives the place a comfortable open feeling.

All in all, a nice experience, super chile rellenos, really good taco and enchilada, so much food I had to take a bunch back to the hotel for lunch the next day.

Well worth a visit if you are traveling through the Valley - I'll definitely be back. One of those unique, fun little places to get the real local feel. Some of the best service ever - they obviously pride themselves on it.

• Visited October 2012